Marantz 7500, Denon 3805, or Yamaha 2500?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Brad_Cox, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Brad_Cox

Brad_Cox Agent

Well my worst fears realized. My Pioneer VSX-815 is down after only a couple of weeks and being an idiot I bought off an internet non-authorized dealer so now I have to fork out money for the repairs. Not sure what that will be yet but it has soured me on the Pioneer so it is going into the closet to wait with my Micra center and sub until I can repalce all the Micra with Audition series and then it will live again in the bedroom.

So now I have to pick another receiver that I WILL buy from an authorized on-line dealer. I have just started to search serious, I had been studying it a little because it was always the plan to move the 815 to the bedroom but I had not planned it this soon. I know it will probably be fine once I get it back but I no longer have confidence in it so it has to go. I have been thinking about the receivers listed and was looking for some input from you guys. Any experiences or suggestions about the receivers will be greatly appreciated. Any other suggestions in the same price range are welcome as well.(No Pioneers please)I am using the receiver with Athena speakers and a Denon 2910 DVD if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

2. ChrisAG

ChrisAG Supporting Actor

Audition as many as possible... but if music is important to you I'd suggest Marantz.

3. Steve_Blazer

Steve_Blazer Stunt Coordinator

For an extra $100 you could get the Denon 3806.

Worth a look certainly.

I have one and would reccomend it.

4. Chris>JEN

Chris>JEN Auditioning

yeah definitely [​IMG]