What's new

Marantz 7200 vs 6200 (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Doh. I should have tested in the store first, but I thought I'd take a chance. Running SVHS VCR output through the Marantz SR 6200 results in video with hashy kinda vertical herring bone noise. If I connect the VCR directly to the TV via S-video, there is zero noise.I'm going to have to look into it at the dealer or the distibuter end.
So you guys are saying that not all SR 6200/7200's have the problem? That I can have mine exchanged or fixed and see an improvement in the S-video? What was the problem you saw?
I might try all the different inputs and see. i need to switch between the following:
Laserdisc player
SVHS VCR
HTPC
possibly another DVD player
(My main DVD player is component straight to my TV)
So if I can resolve the S-video switching problem, i'll be happy.
[Edited last by Chris PC on September 26, 2001 at 07:45 PM]

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
ChrisAG,
How did you have your S-video fixed? Did you simpley retuen and exchange the unit for another one? Or did they fix yours?

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
The dealer offered to exchange it, but the other two units they had in stock exhibited the same problem, so off to the distributor's repair shop it went. They "fixed" it, meaning the DVD, VCR1 and AUX inputs are perfect, but the DSS input has a single vertical line visible during fade to black if I have the room lights low. Durning normal viewing it is not noticable. However, I may still exchange the unit because I want one that works as designed (which is reasonable, I think). I may wait a couple more weeks for the newest production units to reach the store.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I will likely wait until my setup is fully organized. I will likely just go to the store. I didn't even know about until I purchased a second S-video requiring source device. I bought an SVHS vcr. I also have a Laserdisc player and I want to be able to at run my HTPC through the TV as well. I need at least 3 S-video inputs. I'm sure Marantz will clear everything up for us. There is no indication that they won't. One thing I like about the Marantz SR 6200 is the 3 year warranty. Thats nice. With that in mind, they must have a generally good approach to satisfying customers and fixing problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks