What's new

Marantz 6270Q turntable? (1 Viewer)

Nick V

Second Unit
I picked this turntable up at a garage sale today, and I was wondering if it's a decent peice of vintage gear? Does anyone have any experience with? It only cost me $15 and it appears to be in near-new condition (is that possible?).

If it's a peice of crap it doesn't matter, because I was planning on buying a turntable anyways, but I figured I'd take my chances for $15.

BTW, I also picked up about 12 records that have NO scratches on them. The guy putting on the garage sale told me that they're in such good condition cause they were only played ONCE. He would record them to cassette, put them back in their plastic sleeves and never touch them again. WOW.

I'm only 19 years old and have no experience with vinyl, so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

Kenny_H

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, here are a few tips that might help, first, do a search here to check for this model (or other Dual models) to check for past comments). Try checking E-Bay, to see if anyone else may have one (along w/ a manual). I checked the www.silverpioneer.com/whatsnew.htm site, clicked on "Links" for Dual compnents, but, didn't find your model. Also, try www.audioreview.com ,under "Discussion Boards", someone may have mentioned it. Also www.stereophile.com has a list of reviews from '62-'97. Just a few quick tips that might help.

Nick V

Second Unit
I found this page with some specs on it. I don't know if they're good or not.

Also, I was wondering if it's worth buying a new cartridge for this unit? Is it even possible?

Thanks for any help that you anyone can give me.

Nick

Kenny_H

Stunt Coordinator
Well, for a 1978 Quartz drive turntable, they aren't bad and I am far from an expert. Before you check into purchasing a cartridge, check the accuracy of the motor speed (33rpm & 45rpm) as well as the arm (including wiring). If you already have a cartridge installed, try playing a record you least need to listen for speed accuracy, distortion, etc. Cartridges are available from places like Link Removed and other places. From makers like Shure, Audio Technica, Grado, etc. Note: to install a cartridge, knowing how to adjust the tracking force and anti-skate in crucial. If you aren't sure, find an experienced person to do it. It's not rocket science, but, there are details that need to be looked into if you plan on holding on to it. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks