What's new

Marantz 6200 (1 Viewer)

Ted_Polzin

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, the local AB Sound has a close out sale on the Marantz 6200 for $497 Canadian $ (around $320 USD) I was wondering the forums general thoughts of this unit. I have my front sound stage on seperate amps already so that is not a major concern. I presently have a HK 65 which is wearing out. Will this be an upgrade?

I have 30 days to return it.

Thanks

Ted

Patrickt

Auditioning
Hi Ted

Did you pick one up ?
I picked up one earlier today. I just try it out, and for some reason when playing analog sound (satelite, radio) there's no sound going to my sub. For digital sound from DVD, the sub works find. I wonder if I got a faulty unit.

Patrick

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
I don't think the Marantz sends a signal to the sub when the source is 2-channel, though I could be wrong (I listen to 2-channel in Source Direct, which certainly does not send a signal to the sub). For other analogue sources such as TV, I use DPL-2 or Circle Surround 5.1, both of which send a signal to the sub.

For $497 Canadian the 6200 is a steal. A few months ago they were going for $900. Buy it!

Ted_Polzin

Stunt Coordinator
I can't get one until Tomorrow but I think I will pick one up. Hey if I don't like it I always have 30 days.

Thanks

Ted

Peter_ OB

Auditioning
I am getting one transferred in next week as both stores here sold out. I did quite a bit of research into it in the last couple of days before buying but like you said Ted, test for free for 30 days & A&B are excellent to deal with. Although the unit is discontinued, I found quite a few available on the web priced from $749 - $1999 cdn. plus taxes. No one else had it this cheap and even U.S. price was $500 and up. Did you buy the ext. warranty to 6 years for $40?

I bought a Panasonic SAHE100 2 weeks ago at Future Shop for $450 but will return it. It comes recommended from Consumer Reports magazine and I found very little negative about it's capability in my research but there was just somethng missing in in the sound for me. I'm hopeful the Marantz will give me what I'm looking for. The Panasonic actually has a couple of extra features like component inputs but the Marantz reputation and overall features as well as the price sealed the decision for me - at least for 30 days! I am running Pro-Linear PLX-106 speakers with it. Any opinion on them? I have another couple of weeks before deciding whether to keep them or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks