What's new

Marantz 5200 w/ paradigm mini monitors (1 Viewer)

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Well, I just graduated from Auburn and now I'm looking to spend all my graduation money. So I'm pretty sure I'm getting the Marantz 5200 because I listen to music more than I watch DVD's. So will the Marantz fit nicely with the mini's? Does anyone have this combo?

Even if you don't have paradigm speakers please let me know if you like your 5200 or not. I want to know!!

Thanks

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have a 6200 with Minis and I am quite happy with this setup for music. Can't really go wrong with that combo.
If you don't have the Minis yet, you might want to take a look at the Axiom Audio M3Ti. For a bit less $$, they sound extremely similar (tested them back to back with my Minis).

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
Marantz sounds good with metal dome tweeters (the Minis have them, right?). I have a 6200 and it sounds great with my Mordaunt-Shorts.

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
Hey Paul, I live down in Mobile and use B&W 600 Series 2 speakers with my Marantz SR-8200. They really sound made for each other! I haven't heard the Paradigm Mini's with the Marantz x200 series, but my local dealer ONLY sells Marantz receivers to go with the B&W and Paradigm speakers he sells. He is an independant dealer and could sell anything he wanted to. He is sold on Marantz for low to mid-fi stuff, then he moves up to Anthem, Bryston and higher for those with the disposable income. He is the one who got me sold on the Marantz/B&W combo. He said they tried several different receiver lines (including Rotel) but decided the sound/feature/price-point of the Marantz stuff far surpassed anything else.

I say go for it, just make sure your dealer will let you bring it back if it doeesn't suit your tastes.

Good luck!

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks