Marantz 5200 set up problems

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Junie, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Junie

Junie Agent

I just purchased the 5200. I am having some trouble with the set up process.I have the unit hooked up to my tv and a DvD player and all of the surround speakers. The problem I'm having is I cant get to the set up mode via the remote. The manuel is not the best but I have done everything it says for the set up and nothing happens no on screen menu. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or maybe my remote is bad or if there is a way to set the unit up without the remote. The unit is working but I need to adjust the speaker levels and sizes and turn on the sub.
    Any help Would be helpful. Thanks [​IMG]
    PEACE [​IMG]

2. Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes Supporting Actor

You need to make sure that you have either a S-Video or composite cable coming from the Monitor out jack on the back of your receiver going to your TV. Once the video cable is plugged and the TV is set to the correct video input your OSD should come up.

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    As mentioned above, if you don't have the monitor out hooked to the TV in some way, you will not see the OSD. Once this is done, you also need to select "amp" on the remote, and turn ON the OSD (should be a button on the remote for it). This function allows you to disable the OSD to prevent changes being made to the setup accidentally, as well as a lock feature within the OSD itself.