What's new

Marantz 5/6/7200 test tone mode (1 Viewer)

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
I'm able to engage Automatic test tone no problem, where the reciever cycles through all channels in in turn with the test tone. However, I'm not having much luck with the Manual mode. I want to hear each channel for a longer period of time (especially the sub), but clicking OK on the remote as instructed in the manual does not cycle between channels - you're stuck with the Front Left and that's it. Has anyone else had success with Manual test tone mode?

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Chris,
Here's the 411 on the manual speaker testing. It was kinda weird for me too, but eventually I figured it out. There are three places to operate the speaker testing. 1) You choose the auto or manual by pressing left or right on the nav controls of the remote. 2) Also to turn the test tone on and off, you do the same thing. 3) In order to cycle between the various speakers, l,c,r,surr and sub you have to place the cursor where the speaker is listed and press the enter key, the left and right keys change the level. I'm not talking below in the "diagram" of the placed speakers, I just mean above where it says Front-L.
If you already knew this, and you've tried it and it doesn't work, then there is something weird going on. Mine works fine and normally every time.
Good luck :)
PS Are you calibrating a new subwoofer by chance?

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
Thanks Chris, I didn't realize you had to highlight the speaker first. And yes, I picked up the Adire Rava on Saturday. I haven't had much chance to play around with it yet, but it seems like a nice unit.

Questions:

1/ With the tones off, can you instead use a DVD/CD/SACD test tones or are all channels muted.

1bis/ Is this valid for 8200/9200?

Does this solve the SR8200 calibration problem?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
1) Yes you can calibrate with tones from another source. I am not sure, but I would suppose the 8200/9200 are similar or the same.

Which 8200 calibration problem?

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Chris,
Yeah, its kinda goofy that way, but just put the cursor where it says FRONT Left or FRONT L and press enter and each time it will cycle through FRONT R, surr, sub etc.
Let me know how you like your subwoofer :) and welcome to bass land :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread