What's new

Marantz 2235B (1 Viewer)

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
I'm about to pick up an old Marantz 2235B stereo receiver which is rated at 35wpc. Would this be able to handle a pair of 86db JBL N24's? Also,I'll be wiring the N24's through a sub [most likely Yamaha YST-SW105 (is this a good musical sub?)], would this put any more strain on the amp?

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
Ok so I just got the Marantz and its 35wpc is plenty. I do have one more question. Why can't any new receivers come even close to old Marantz or Sansui G series receivers in the looks department. Seriously, the only new affordable good looing piece of equipment I've seen is that new Mcintosh Pre/Pro and Power amp.
http://www.classic-audio.com/marantz/2235b.html
--here's the marantz

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
Seems like as speakers get better looking, electronics look worse. Anyone have any comment on this?

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Jason,
They just don't make em like they used to.:)I agree that electronics today don't look as snazzy as they have in years past. I guess mass production on such a huge scale like there is today has sacrificed appearance for quantity.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks