1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Marantz 2235B

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Wilcox, May 30, 2002.

1. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

I'm about to pick up an old Marantz 2235B stereo receiver which is rated at 35wpc. Would this be able to handle a pair of 86db JBL N24's? Also,I'll be wiring the N24's through a sub [most likely Yamaha YST-SW105 (is this a good musical sub?)], would this put any more strain on the amp?

2. Jason Wilcox

Ok so I just got the Marantz and its 35wpc is plenty. I do have one more question. Why can't any new receivers come even close to old Marantz or Sansui G series receivers in the looks department. Seriously, the only new affordable good looing piece of equipment I've seen is that new Mcintosh Pre/Pro and Power amp.
    http://www.classic-audio.com/marantz/2235b.html
    --here's the marantz

3. Jason Wilcox

Seems like as speakers get better looking, electronics look worse. Anyone have any comment on this?

4. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    Jason,
    They just don't make em like they used to.[​IMG]I agree that electronics today don't look as snazzy as they have in years past. I guess mass production on such a huge scale like there is today has sacrificed appearance for quantity.