What's new

Marantz 2220b handle less than 4ohm speakers? (1 Viewer)

Aaron Howell

Stunt Coordinator
I'm giving my adire bang!(3.6ohm to 8ohm) speakers to my father and picking up a reciever to go with them. The 2220b's go pretty cheap on ebay, so they are a prime target.

I was curious if it can handle less than a 4ohm load. Everything I've read has stated 20wpc @ 8ohm. I had a marantz sr2000 that could do both 4 and 8 ohm, but I know there is a big difference between the sr series and 22XXb series.

Thanks,
Aaron

Aaron Howell

Stunt Coordinator
I just noticed I put 4ohm in the topic, but I meant to put 8ohm. Could a moderator please fix this for me?

TomCW

Second Unit
Should work fine, just keep the volume at a reasonable level and don't block the vents. The vintage Marantz's are built like tanks, my 2230 is still running strong after 30 years. I blow out the dust and clean the switches and controls annually.

Tom

Aaron Howell

Stunt Coordinator
I won't be the one in control of the volume though! :laugh:

I built them in his basement. Two days after they were done I went over to pick them up. I knocked and there was no answers so I used my key to get in. He was cranking them in the basement and my stepmother was grateful I was picking them up cuz "He's been at it ever since you left!!!"

He's been asking me about them ever since I took them home. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread