What's new

Mar. 26th, Im gonna be wiped out! (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I have to start writing this stuff down like I used to.

There are 2 titles I want this month that I had forgotten about-Training Day and Roshomon Criterion

About Dick Tracy,was the Vista Series idea scrapped? Or is bare bones first with VS coming later in the year?

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
March has already been an expensive month for me. I picked up a used copy of Ghost World yesterday at a local record shop. Then I went to Wal-Mart to pick up some toilet items and ended up buying Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me. Today, I went to Best Buy to purchase A.I. and ended up getting Almost Famous Untitled, Groundhog Day SE, Mickey Mouse in Living Color, and the Evil Dead LE (Book of the Dead) as well. In addition, I received three Herzog titles in the mail (Strozek, Lessons of Darkness, and Even Dwarfs Started Small). Oh yeah, one of the Image Buster Keaton discs (Sherlock Jr./Our Hospitality) too! Whew. I'll also be picking up Criterion's Rashomon later this month...

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
I have the non region disk, but I am having problems playingit on the PS2. It only has the dub version, now I haven't tried it on my real dvd player so I don't know. Can anybody tell if I got a bootlegg or not

Chris Lynch

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't bought a DVD in months.
I feel your pain (well, maybe you are not actually in pain). I went through a nasty jobless streak and didn't buy a single disc for months (excluding Episode I). Now I've got a new job and I'm trying to play catch up, but I have noticed my compulsive cravings for the shiny little discs have subsided quite a bit, which is helping my budget.
But I do have a ton of Farscape discs to buy.:)

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
Chris, You misunderstand me, I meant there were no titles released that I wanted. They are not releasing titles fast enough. I am going to buy AI & Walking with Beasts, but otherwise I haven't bought a DVD since Dec. They just aren't releasing titles I really want to own. I want more back catalog.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
All of a sudden I feel so frugal. :D
The only 'must buy' titles that occur to me over the next month are Donnie Darko and Mulholland Drive. Picked up Criterion's In the Mood For Love last night, and I'm pretty much set til late Spring.
Oh, and re: Iron Monkey. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the Mirimax re-hash, but I would only consider the original disc (which has been in circulation for some time). Poor quality be damned, I'd rather have the original!
Joseph

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Im poor but the upcoming discs on my list are
Harry Potter
Sex and the City Season 3
Ususal Suspects SE
The Others
All in the Family (For my honey :) )
Sorry Wrong Number
Legend
Swiss Family Robinson

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks