Map Of The Human Heart

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Neil_Duffy, May 28, 2002.

1. Neil_Duffy

Neil_Duffy Second Unit

With the release today of Dark Blue World, my mind flipped back a few years to one of my favourite movies, Vincent Wards 'Map Of The Human Heart.'

What I would do for a release of this film on DVD!!!

Anyone know anytthing...?

2. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

Me too-- this is one of my favorite films of the '90's and my P&S-only laserdisc just isn't cutting it anymore.

3. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Count me in as wanting this.

Neil, how is Dark Blue World? I saw a copy at Best Buy today and was intrigued. Having never heard anything about it, I passed on picking it up. Still, it looks interesting...

4. Neil_Duffy

Neil_Duffy Second Unit

I haven't seen DBW yet, but will do soon.
    I had a look the other day at Roger Ebert's review of both films, and he Gave Map 4 stars and DBW only 2... it's basically the reason why I set up this thread.
    I was at one stage deteremined to write to Vincet Ward about this, I couldn't believe the appaling transfer this film received on video(in the UK). I can't believe that it was only P&S on Laserdisc... this movie is defo top of my please release list...
    It's the type of disc that should be released similar to the way that the 'My So Called Life' is planned.
    I am not very optimistic that we will see this disc though. [​IMG]

5. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

Doesn't HBO own the rights to this film?

I want the DVD bad (I also own the P&S LD).

I would also like to see a movie that was compared to Map of the Human Heart, called "Lovers of the Arctic Circle." It was a 1999 film released on VHS only. I won't rent VHS, but I'd buy the DVD based on the favorable comparisons to MofHH.

6. BenjaminG

BenjaminG Stunt Coordinator

I might have liked Map of the human heart if I hadn't been fored to watch it 7 times for an English assignment.

Anyone want it? Lol.

7. Deepak Shenoy

Deepak Shenoy Supporting Actor

I don't know how, but I suddenly remembered watching this movie a few years back and came to this board to see if there was any info about a DVD release. I was surprised to see a thread about it that was started so recently. I would definitely pick up this movie if it is released on DVD in anamorphic OAR.

8. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

been 9 months... Any "Map" news????
    [​IMG] D

9. Neil_Duffy

Neil_Duffy Second Unit

Funny, I was thinking about this the other day...

Yes, and my thoughts revolved around this title never coming to DVD.(along with a few others - O Lucky Man, Leolo, Prince of The City)

I picked up Living In Oblivion recently, and that means there's only about 20 movies I still want that are released, and I was lamenting titles that I may never see... Map being one of them.

I have managed to catch Dark Blue World, and while it was very good - the aerial sequences were dynamic and breathtaking - the movie just didn't have the scope of Map.

10. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

Add me to the list of folks who'd love this one on DVD. What a gem of a film.