What's new

Map of The Human Heart At last!!! (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Well, I got it last nite....
Oddly, it seems slightly different from the previous VHS release, (which I don't own, only rented...)
At the end, Avik's daughter seems to have a different, more accented voice, has more lines to her dad, like "I can love you..." and the last shot where Avik is lying on the ice now just has music, no daughter voice-over...
and

There is a scene where Bergin gives Anne P. a "real Horse", which I don't remember and I saw it once in the theater and rented several times.
Can anyone who has the old VHS concur??? I don't THINK I'm crazy...

Transfer-wise, not bad, not great, but not bad. Print could have looked better. Great having it in OAR...

:) D

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hasn't anyone else gotten this yet??? Someone has to have the old VHS and can confirm, yes..??

:)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Anyone...????
I can't be the ONLY one who got this and remembers or has the old VHS....?

D

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
I finally had the time to watch this last night. I hadn't seen it since its release on VHS.

I didn't recall the "gift horse" sequence either. I have no idea about possible changes in the ending sequences.

I have to admit that this film hasn't aged well for me; or, perhaps, I haven't aged well! :D. The performances, in particular, strike me now as being wooden and devoid of real emotion. I am no fan of Anne Parillaud, and I find nothing particularly noteworthy about her performance here. Jason Scott Lee has charisma, but his part here is sorely underwritten.

Stepping off of movie review soapbox...

I completely agree with the comments on the transfer: good, not great.

I still think this is a visually striking film, with a compelling story that could have been brought to life with a bit more vitality. Worth a rental for anyone on the fence.

And that mannequin still creeps me out... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks