What's new

Map of The Human Heart At last!!! (1 Viewer)

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Oh my!

Looks like one of my top ten must have movies on DVD is coming on June 1st!!!

The Vincent Ward flick is comimg from Buena Vista Home Entertainment - though I thought it was in Foxs library?

Please, please don't mess this disc up - just the film in 16X9 please...

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Wow. I can hardly believe that this and The Committments have been announced within a few weeks of each other. My wish list is shrinking; I might keel over if Raise the Red Lantern is announced this year.

A highly underrated gem.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who is overjoyed by this news. First, I see that MGM is putting out an anamorphic WS release of "The Belly of An Architect" and now this! I'm able to retire my two last full-frame-only LDs in one fell swoop.

This was released on VHS and LD by HBO, not Fox. And it's one of the few early (pre-1994) titles that Miramax seems to have regained the video rights to (Fox has "Prospero's Books," Paramount has "Double Life of Veronique," "Delicatessen," etc.)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Does Fox still have the rights? The last VHS release was by Media's budget line Video Treasures.

If any film would look great on DVD it would be PROSPERO. I could never find it on LD so only have it on VHS.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I have a feeling that all of the early Miramax titles -- except the ones tied up with other financing (i.e. Artisan/LIVE and Reservoir Dogs) -- are reverting back to Miramax eventually and that we're going to have to wait until those licensing deals expire before they ever come to DVD-- i.e. Paramount isn't going to put out "Delicatessen" for just a year only to have the rights expire on them.

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
Yeah! that's fantastic!! I was watching this on 35mm all these years because all the transfers were bad on every format VHS/US LD/Japan LD. Finally a small and light version.:emoji_thumbsup:

Jodee

Screenwriter
Is there a link or source for this news? There is no listing for this release at Buena Vista's web-site, www.video.com.

I'm ecstatic if the news is true. I have been waiting for this one for years!

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Yes... you know, whenever a release date pops up for film that you begin to think won't be coming... you do want more verifcation... I just pray we get that 16:9. The version I had on video was so bad that I think it was transfered by someone recording it with a VHS cmera in the cinema.

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
Excellent movie and I'm glad that is finally coming to DVD. Never heard of it until I caught it on TV one night.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
It was shot in anamorphic Panavision at 2.35:1 - nothing but OAR will do.

Beautiful film. I'm gald it is finally on DVD.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
OMG!

Ok, 1) I'm ecstatic... FINALLY!!! One of my faves...
2) I'm scared. This had BETTER be OAR anamorphic...

:) D

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Okay, good news. I just got this week's Laser's Edge mailing and, according to their specs, it's anamorphic 2.35:1 and is out on June 1st, not the beginning of August (as DVDFile reported). No extras, but maybe we'll get a trailer.

http://www.lasersedge.com/item_detai...50776&tMedia=1

The bad news-- the cover.

This completely misrepresents the movie. You'll have no clue that this is a sweeping saga of love and war and, instead, think that it's about kids who dress like bunnies. Even the ugly paste-together LD art is more informative than this.

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
That's the most bewildering cover I have ever seen... how it relates to the movie, I will never know. It doesn't capture the essenece of story, the adult love story that spans years, continents and life times... that cover art makes it look like My Girl 3

Just what are they thinking???

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I'm baffled too. I've never bought credits from dvdcoverart.com before, but I'm about to now-- someone get to making a new cover, poste haste. Why can't they use the beautiful poster art? Oh right, that would be too difficult.

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
At least the picture will be nice, that really is the main thing. However, fans will have to be quick on this one, can't see many casual purcashes of this title and no doubt it will be hard ot get hold off in stores. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks