What's new

Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh (1977) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
A favorite of mine. Watched it many times on television growing
up in the 70s.

Traded in my unopened DVD on Amazon for $40 a few months
ago when I first learned the Blu-ray was coming soon. Must have
been a hot commodity to fetch such a high price.

Just preordered the Blu-ray.

EDIT: WOW. The DVD is going for $130 new on Amazon. No
wonder I got such a great trade-in deal.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thanks for the generous support, Luke. Much appreciated.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Ronald Epstein said:
up in the 70s.

Umm, you knew it was coming months ago?? And you didn't tell the rest of us?

A few of us might have liked the $40 as well. Current value of 'new' - $13, 'like new' - $5

David

Anyway, it's pre-ordered using your link

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Ronald Epstein said:
up in the 70s.

Prices seemed to have dropped on the OOP DVD. Amazon will now only allow $13.99 on a trade-in account. Mine isn't sealed so the most I could get for trade-in is $5. I would trade it in except that I would be giving up the full-frame "as-filmed" aspect ratio. I can almost guarantee the BD/DVD combo will only have the widescreen theatrical aspect ratio, and even though the widescreen framing will be correct, it's still nice to be able to see all the extra artwork that was created for the open-matte.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
One of my top 25 favorite movies. Can't wait to see it on blu.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Done. I remember watching Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree as part of the Wonderful World of Disney years and years ago. So yeah...why not?

And does anyone else think August 27 is going to be the late summer wave of animated Disney catalogue titles? Based on info at The Bits, Robin Hood is being prepped for a 40th Anniversary release. Unless Disney is doing another wave in the fall, Robin Hood should be part of this group. Maybe we'll even get lucky and get Hercules or The Black Cauldron too?

mstgator

Agent
Real Name
Aaron
Finally... I was worried when it was teased as a Spring 2013 release late last year and then no official announcement was made in the winter. This is the last of the 52 Disney animated "classics" that I need on DVD or Blu. (I put off buying it several years ago, and by the time I decided to go for it the DVD was OOP and insanely priced. Guess I can wait a few extra months!)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
mstgator said:
Finally... I was worried when it was teased as a Spring 2013 release late last year and then no official announcement was made in the winter. This is the last of the 52 Disney animated "classics" that I need on DVD or Blu. (I put off buying it several years ago, and by the time I decided to go for it the DVD was OOP and insanely priced. Guess I can wait a few extra months!)
I'm still waiting for Aladdin, Tarzan, and Jungle Book to be announced for Blu.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
David Weicker said:
I'm still waiting for Aladdin, Tarzan, and Jungle Book to be announced for Blu.
If you're willing to buy them through their UK division, "Aladdin" and "Tarzan" are already available in region-free pressings from Disney at reasonable prices...I have purchased both of these titles titles through Amazon.co.uk and they look and sound wonderful. Can't help you with "Jungle Book", though!!!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Disney Proudly Celebrates the “Winnie The Pooh” Movie that Started it All!​
Unknown.png
44466_large.jpg
Beloved Original Animated Classic Debuts for the First Time on​
Blu-ray™ and HD Digital - August 27, 2013​
BURBANK, Calif., May 3, 2013 – The Walt Disney Studios proudly celebrates the heartwarming animated classic that started it all - “The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh.” Available August 27th for the first time on Blu-ray™ and HD Digital with a variety of bonus features, a whole new generation will fall in love with Pooh and his friends from the Hundred Acre Wood.
Whether we’re young or forever young at heart, the Hundred Acre Wood calls to that place in each of us that still believes in magic. Share all the fun, whimsy and wonder of The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh in this amazing original Disney classic – now digitally restored and remastered in high definition to thrill a whole new generation!
Once again reuniting audiences with Pooh, Tigger, Rabbit, Piglet, Owl, Kanga, Roo and last, but certainly not least, Eeyore (who has lost his tail), “The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh” Blu-ray Combo Pack release has been sweetened to include a robust list of extras including a groundbreaking Disney Intermission activity, the beloved theatrical short “A Day for Eeyore,” five all-new “Mini Adventures of Winnie the Pooh” short films, and….an exclusive free in-pack kite.
The extras
Blu-ray
· NEW! Disney Intermission - Press “pause” during the movie and find out what happens! The narrator invites younger viewers to play along with the Hundred Acre Wood friends in a variety of engaging activities.
· NEW! Pooh Play-Along – In this bonus feature, the narrator invites viewers to play along with Pooh and his friends.
· NEW! 5 “Mini Adventures of Winnie the Pooh” Shorts: “If I Wasn’t So Small,” “Piglet’s Drawings,” “The Expedition,” “Geniuses” & “The Honey Song”
· LEGACY “A Day for Eeyore” – Classic Animated Short
· LEGACY “The Story Behind the Masterpiece” – Making of Featurette
· LEGACY “The Winnie the Pooh Theme Song” – Performed by Carly Simon
DVD
· NEW! Mini Adventures of Winnie the Pooh Short - “Geniuses”
· LEGACY “The Winnie the Pooh Theme Song” – Performed by Carly Simon
Digital
Digital owners receive all of the same bonus features as the Blu-ray except for Disney Intermission
DISC. SPECIFICATIONS:
Street Date: August 27, 2013 (Direct Pre-Book: 7/2; Dist. Pre-Book: 7/16)
Sugg. Retail Price: Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) = $36.99 U.S. ONLY
Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD) = $34.99 CANADA ONLY
DVD = $26.99 US/$29.99 Canada
Digital = Consumer should check with their preferred digital retailer or television provider for pricing and additional information
Feature Run Time: Approximately 74 minutes
Ratings: G in U.S. and Canada (bonus features not rated)
Aspect Ratio: Blu-ray =1080p High Definition / 1.66:1
Sound: Blu-ray = 5.1 English DEHT, 2.0 Dolby Digital; 5.1 French, 5.1 Spanish
Languages: English, French, Spanish, & English Captions for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired
SOCIAL MEDIA
Stay connected with Pooh, Tigger and the rest of the Hundred Acre Wood friends:
· “Like the Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WinnieThePooh
· Visit the website at disneybluray.com
· Follow on Twitter at @DisneyPictures
Film Synopsis:
Experience the very first time Tigger “pounces” Pooh; laugh out loud when Pooh’s rumbly tumbly gets him stuck in a hilariously sticky situation… All your favorite Hundred Acre Wood characters come alive in this timeless motion picture overflowing with rich animation, masterful storytelling and unforgettable songs.
Stuffed with extraordinary bonus features including the beloved theatrical short film “A Day For Eeyore,” five “Mini Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh” shorts, Disney’s groundbreaking “Intermission” activity and much more, The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh: The Original Classic will make fans of all ages shout “Hip Hip Pooh-Ray!”
About The Walt Disney Studios
For more than 85 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today, the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios; Disneynature; Marvel Studios; and Touchstone Pictures, the banner under which live-action films from DreamWorks Studios are distributed. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Updated with official press release. Preorder in first post.

mstgator

Agent
Real Name
Aaron
lukejosephchung said:
If you're willing to buy them through their UK division, "Aladdin" and "Tarzan" are already available in region-free pressings from Disney at reasonable prices...I have purchased both of these titles titles through Amazon.co.uk and they look and sound wonderful. Can't help you with "Jungle Book", though!!!

"Jungle Book" is slated to be the Diamond title for Spring 2014 (as of now). I'm hoping for everything to be out on Blu by the end of next year!

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
lukejosephchung said:
Thanks for letting me know. I've ordered both of these.

David

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
mstgator said:
"Jungle Book" is slated to be the Diamond title for Spring 2014 (as of now). I'm hoping for everything to be out on Blu by the end of next year!

I've also heard that Jungle Book is slated to be the European Diamond title for Fall 2013 (I think they flip-flopped with Little Mermaid).

David

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I LOVE that Pooh Bear! The 2011 film is one of my favorite "kids" film of recent years, but the original hold a very special place in my heart. Very happy to see this one is getting a Blu-ray. I have that "Friendship Edition", but will update for sure. I was afraid it wasn't coming, since I remember word a while back that it was coming in the spring. Better late than never! :)

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Have some new inside technical info about this...Lowry Digital is responsible for the restoration work done for the blu-ray release...namely their ace colorist Greg Hamlin!!! My source for this info is none other than Marc Weilage, HTF member and digital video tech extraordinaire...he's also a former writer for "Perfect Vision" magazine from their Harry Pearson years!!! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks