What's new

Manute Bol to lace up the ice hockey skates (1 Viewer)

Leif Wall

Second Unit
Did you ever see that parody commerical on an early 90s Saturday Night Live that had a Caribbean cruise that featured Manute Bol on the ship? Man, that was hilarious.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
It's great that he's been doing all these things to help out others.

~T

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
if hal gill can have a job simply because he is 6'7", then call the bruins front office. boston has a new defenseman. he couldnt possibly suck worse than gill! :)
CJ

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I wonder what size shoe/skate he wears? I once worked at an ice rink and I ordered a pair of size 19 hockey skates for a guy who was 6' 10". He was an ex-basketball player from Canada who decided to take up skating again. He skate very gracefully the day those size 19's came in and he laced them up. He said he used to play hockey till he basically grew too big to do so.

Denward

Supporting Actor
I have read that Manute Bol is basically broke because he has donated tons of money to charities to help Sudan. Michael*K, I know the story seems very funny on the face of it, but I believe Manute has some very admirable intentions. He's evidently decided to use his celebrity status to raise money (sometimes in embarrassing ways) to help his charities.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Yeah, remember when he boxed William "the refrigerator" Perry? I thought that Minute would get his butt kicked but he did a good job beating up on Perry with that long reach of his. I also assumed the money he got he donated to his homeland. Good guy.

Bob

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yup, Manute gives nearly everything away to his homeland. I can't bring myself to laugh at the situation, he's so selfless in what he does. He doesn't do it for fame or popularity, but because his people need help and he's in a position to try and do something about it.

A good guy indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks