What's new

manual convergence (1 Viewer)

timothy quib

Auditioning
Can anyone give me instructions on how to do a manual convergence on a Hitachi 51uwx20b? I want to see if this helps my picture quality.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

This is in the user manual. The TV permits users to do manual convergence ... see the manual.

Regards

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

On the user lever, manual covergence is better because it is infinitely smarter than the magic focus which is not smart at all.

Magic focus is based on a factory preset of what correct convergence was coming from the factory.

Add in the vibrations of shipping a TV and do you think that this same preset still applies by the time the TV gets to your home ...? Of course it cannot.

Manual convervgence gets you around this problem. However, doing this in the service menu will permit you to "reteach" the magic focus control where the "new" correct point is. At least for a short time. TV's still drift as they age and MF simply isn't smart enough to keep up with even this.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks