MANOWAR ... 1st Metal Band on SACD!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Aurel Savin, May 16, 2002.

1. Aurel Savin

Aurel Savin Supporting Actor

>>>>

MANOWAR Embrace New Technology On Latest CD - May 15, 2002

MANOWAR's newest release, Warriors Of The World, will reportedly mark the first heavy metal album to ever be released not only on CD and vinyl but also on the new audio format Super Audio CD (SACD) , developed by Philips who also invented the Compact Disc in the 80's.

As with the the normal CD, Warriors Of The World, this 5.1 landmark will be mixed by Ronald Prent who is also the Head Of Development for SACD in cooperation with Philips. The mix has been done in the famous state of the art Galaxy Studios in Belgium who have been partly designed especially to do these new format mixes in 5.1-sound quality. "This tremendous new format allows us to get the listener directly on stage or in front of the stage or wherever we want him to be, like a fourth dimension. To mix music in this new format is a very creative process - like a celebrated painter presenting his latest work to a master frame maker to encapsulate and get the best results from their work," says MANOWAR bassist Joey DeMaio. "We were very fortunate to have a genius like Ronald bringing our music to the people at Philips who instantly agreed on having him mix the album for SACD as well".

Warriors Of The World will be released on May 27th and features the German Top 15 Single "Warriors Of The World United" as well as epic and grand songs like "Nessun Dorma" or "Swords In The Wind" where the whole potential of a SACD mix can be shown.

>>>>>

2. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Oh man, now I gotta get an SACD player... I love Manowar (see separate thread about them and "Warriors of the world"). [​IMG]
    Problem is that my receiver doesn't have a 5.1 analog input, so I'd have to get a new receiver too. I just don't have the money for that right now. Bummer.
    But it's cool to see that they release this in 5.1. Do SACD's have a DD 5.1 track like DVD-A's do?

3. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

4. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Well, damn. I need to look into getting a SACD-player then.

Is there a good site to find SACD releases?

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

MickeS, note that all SACDs have discrete stereo tracks, so you wouldn't have to upgrade your receiver right away.

6. Sam Hatch

Sam Hatch Stunt Coordinator

Hot damn!

I'm not much of a Manowar fan but this really helps restore my faith in SACD as a medium! Even if I don't buy it, this is the sort of choice I've been waiting to see appear on the market.

Death to false aluminum!