What's new

Mannix season 4? (1 Viewer)

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Can't wait for Season 4! Based on the past release schedule, we should be seeing another one hopefully sometime during the summer months, assuming sales have been healthy on the previous sets.

Season 1 had flashes of greatness, and I loved the relationship between Mannix and his boss at the detective agency.
Season 2 was incredibly fantastic, one of the best sophomore seasons of any tv show I've seen. Clever plots, great acting and guest stars, and lots of action, plus some kick-ass music scores.
I have just about finished Season 3, and while it's not as good as season 2, it's still massively entertaining.

I hope we get all 8 seasons, especially since seasons 7 and 8 are not in syndication.

cardinalmark

Agent
Real Name
Mark Collins
I really hope we here something soon as well! I want all 8 seasons as well, and I'm enjoying watching this series again. Some great actors and actress's in this series. Mike Connors was always great. Some very good story lines!!

jeffman21

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeffery
I called Paramount about Mannix Season 4. Was told it is not on the list for release. Said they would forward my request to the proper dept. Everyone needs to call Paramount and request season 4!!

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
That's not too good news and just as we're entering the mighty 1970s, they didn't get lazy with Hawaii Five-O there.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Strange that it's now on the abandoned/stalled list when we do know they remastered all eight seasons.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
The season 3 sales must have been pretty weak, because at one point late last year I recall hearing that season 4 was on the schedule for 2010. Sad to hear it's now off the schedule.
I think the slow-to-recover economy has stalled a number of CBS-P shows in the last part of 2009 and now 2010:
Mannix
Love Boat
Lucy Show (last one was released in July 09 if I recall; July 10 announcements are currently being made)
Bonanza?
Untouchables
Beverly Hillbillies
Petticoat Junction
Becker
Melrose Place

Not to mention the shows abandoned prior to these:
Family Ties
Dave's World
Evening Shade
Streets of San Francisco
Gunsmoke
Rawhide
Happy Days
Laverne & Shirley
Mork & Mindy
Diagnosis Murder
and a few others I'm sure I overlooked.

Basically, I think the only older series still chugging along from CBS-P are Beverly Hills 90210, Have Gun Will Travel, Hawaii Five-O, Perry Mason, Matt Houston (?), Barnaby Jones (?) and maybe The Fugitive and Matlock. I'd be willing to bet Cannon and My Three Sons are abandoned after 2 seasons.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I am not too concerned. The Paramount PR department may only be commenting on those titles which have been publically announced to date. There are a lot of titles that our "insiders" have reported as being on CBS/P's long range schedule that haven't been officially announced. Official announcements only go out about 90 days.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Don't forget "Love American Style", abandoned after just one season which doesn't happen often with CBS/Paramount titles. They tend to be more "Two and through" than "One and done". "Mod Squad" is also a "Two and through" title.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve...O

I am not too concerned. The Paramount PR department may only be commenting on those titles which have been publically announced to date. There are a lot of titles that our "insiders" have reported as being on CBS/P's long range schedule that haven't been officially announced. Official announcements only go out about 90 days.

Exactly right, Steve. Not to dispute the person who spoke to Jeffrey about Mannix S4, but I'm pretty sure that series has NOT been abandoned. Has it been pushed back a bit? Yes. But not abandoned. I'm quite confident we will see the next set before this year is out.

Having said that, it's absolutely true that CBS/P has scaled back their release schedule substantially.

Gary "wouldn't give up on Gunsmoke just yet" O.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
Originally Posted by jeffman21

I called Paramount about Mannix Season 4. Was told it is not on the list for release. Said they would forward my request to the proper dept. Everyone needs to call Paramount and request season 4!!
You might have better luck calling CBS, as Paramount and CBS are actually separate operations with in the parent company. Which is why the Star Trek TV shows are released by CBS, and the feature films are released by Paramount. They don't really talk to each other much.

Doug

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
is anyone surprise with slowness of the releases this year. I was just happy that hawaii five-o, emergency!, Dallas, etc were continued. I have given up hope that some of my shows will ever be completed, but, that is ok. I have enough shows that i can watch for the next several years.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
I've been very happy that Perry Mason is regularly getting releases twice a year. I guess those sets must be selling well.

Doug

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Add to the list of shows which have/may have been abandoned....Hotel. And to the list of shows which CBS DVD seem to be continuing with...Tales from the Darkside. The third season is out a week tomorrow on Region 1.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Originally Posted by WaveCrest

Add to the list of shows which have/may have been abandoned....Hotel.
Why would they abandon "Hotel"? I thought that the sales were there for it. I pre-ordered to try to help show demand for it, but apparently, to CBS, that's not enough.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I am going to continue to hold out hope for Mannix. It seems too early to say it is abandoned, unless someone with inside contacts with CBS/P knows differently.

I have enjoyed all 3 seasons and will be quite disappointed if we don't get the rest of the series.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by bmasters9

Why would they abandon "Hotel"? I thought that the sales were there for it. I pre-ordered to try to help show demand for it, but apparently, to CBS, that's not enough.
A few weeks ago I read in an IMDb thread for the second season of Hotel that it's not looking too good, the chances of CBS DVD releasing it (ditto with the third season of Early Edition).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks