What's new

Mannequin (1 Viewer)

Richard Cook

Stunt Coordinator
I've recently bought this release (don't laugh, it's a fvourite film)!!and I've noticed two annoying problems.

1. it's very dark compared to all of my other discs (region 1 & 2)

2. There is either an audio dropout at chapter 13 or it freezes at the same point.

Has anybody else experienced this or do I have a dodgy disc?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Nothing to be embarrassed about. It's a classic piece of 80s fluff.

Thhe image didn't strike me as particularly dark. And I don't recall any sound dropout or freeze (it's double-sided, single-layered, so there's no layer change).

If the disc is freezing or experiencing dropout at the same point each time, I suppose it could be a dirty or defective disc. But dirt and scratches usually cause picture break-up as well.

M.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'm also a non-embarassed Mannequin DVD owner!:)
I'm experencing NO problems. Great 80's film

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Why couldn't they include the music video for "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" on the disc? The least they could've given us on the disc was that.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Oddly enough, I just watched this and had problems too, right near the beginning of the moie when he sees Kim Catrall for the first time. Severe pixilization, and freezing.

I was pissed because I bought it over two months ago (no return).

Then I took it out of the player and noticed that the person I'd lent it to the week before had deposited a big hair on the widescreen side!

Then it worked. Not bad, as far as an '80s cheese fest, BTW.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Why couldn't they include the music video for "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" on the disc?
Usually it's a rights question. It's not uncommon for different parties to hold the rights to a movie and related materials like a music video.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks