1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Manhattan dtv Dolby Digital?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Richard Sharpe, Dec 3, 2001.

1. Richard Sharpe

I subscribe to Time Warner Cable dtv (digital TV - not HDTV) in Manhattan, with which I'm generally very happy. The picture is much clearer (less static, ghosting) and I get a Dolby Digital signal from most channels.
    My problem is with the 'local' channels - Fox 5, NBC 4, ABC 7, CBS 11. I still seem to get an analog signal for these - regular analog stereo output from the cable box and increasingly bad static picture.
    I've called TWC tech support on a number of occasions with no success. I had arranged for an engineer to come out (one of those convenient 5 hour window scheduled appointment[​IMG] ) but discovered at a friends house in Staten Island yesterday that he has the exact same problem on exactly the same channels. We both have the 'Scientific Atlanta' digital cable box from TWC. Perhaps I'll cancel the appointment...
    Is this a general problem in New York?? Has anyone solved this one?
    TIA
    richard

2. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

Yeah, I have the same problem. The cable channels look great, but the local channels look like crap, ghosting, the picture breaking up, etc. I should call TW Cable to fix this. The strange thing is that we have another cable box upstairs, and the local channels are fine.

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Reports like these are one of the reasons I've held off on getting TW's digital cable service. I still have my analog box, and the local channels look fine (except for NBC which, since 9/11, has been flickering for reasons I can't figure out).

M.