What's new

Man! I could have been in all of your NCAA Football 2003 games! (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Something just struck me, and I confirmed it with my girlfriend that my memory is correct and I'm not just imagining it.
I always started EA's NCAA Football 2003 on my XBox and went to do something else while it loaded up (get a glass of water, bathroom break, whatever). So I always missed the intro screen where random students yell "EA Sports! It's in the Game!" right after the EA Sports logo.
Well, I was at UCLA's Drake Stadium for the UCLA football team's Scrimmage a few months ago, and there was this camera crew asking people to stand in front of the camera and yell those words! My girlfriend pointed them out to me, and I thought it was just them shooting some lame promo or commercial or something. I told her I didn't want to go over and make an idiot of myself.
Now as I watch the intro to the game, I've seen two clips from that very spot! (As well as a couple of others from around UCLA's campus)
Man, I should have gone over there! I have three friends who are hooked on this game and I would have loved to see the looks on their faces if I popped up on their TV screens yelling "EA Sports, it's in the game!" :D

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
That would've been cool, if you had made it in there.

I love those intros! I've only seen it repeat itself one time so far (Arizona State).

Have any of you guys seen an intro for Oklahoma yet? If there's an OU intro in there, I have yet to see it. . .

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Have you set your "Favorite Team" preference yet? Maybe that's why I have seen multiple intros for UCLA? Of course, the fact that I've played almost three seasons may also have something to do with that... ;)
One thing is for sure, if those guys are out there again at next year's scrimmage, I'm going in Coach!

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I have my favorite team set to Nebraska, and have never seen an NU one. I've seen the Michigan one several times, which makes me nauseous... ;)

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
I have my favorite team set to Nebraska, and have never seen an NU one. I've seen the Michigan one several times, which makes me nauseous
Joel,
Funny, I have my favorite team set to Michigan, and have never seen the Michigan intro but have seen the NU intro multiple times. Now that makes ME nauseous. ;)
The '97 split National Championship is still being debated!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks