What's new

Man from Snowy River not in OAR??!! (1 Viewer)

Nathan McMahan

Stunt Coordinator
I just found out one of my favorite films has finally come out on DVD and it's FULL FRAME (1.33) C'mon what gives? I can't believe we're being subjected to the mores and whims of the dull gray sullen masses. Any hope of a widescreen edition on the horizon?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
It is a dual format release on a single disc. There is a very nice 2.35:1 16x9 enhanced transfer on one side of the disc, and a P&S transfer on the opposite side.

- Walter.

Brett C

Second Unit
The Scope transfer is rather impressive for this film too.I watched it the other night and was shocked by how good it looked.A very impressive transfer for this film given its age...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This dvd has a gorgeous 2.35:1 transfer of the film. I'm very pleased with the video presentation.

Crawdaddy

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
I just watched this last night. What a truely enjoyable film. It was 2.35:1 on the widescreen side. It's double sided. I never flipped it but I assume the pan and scan was on the other side.
I can't remember ever seeing Return to Snowy River. Is it any good? Any hints about a DVD release?

Larry Bevil

Second Unit
Return to Snowy River is a very good movie too, although not quite as good as the original, in my opinion. Brian Dennehy takes the place of Kirk Douglas in Return. Return to Snowy River is a Disney release. Hopefully they will release it soon and in the proper OAR. I'm not sure what the OAR was, but the laserdisc I have is 1.33:1.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Hopefully Disney will stop all this P&S nonsense for "family" titles by the time they release Return. I'd be worried if they were releasing it soon.

John P Grosskopf

Second Unit
I believe Return was 2.35X1 as well, and cannot watch the hatchet job done with the P&S transfer.
regardless, it's not as good a movie as the first, but still better than most.
I always wondered how Kirk Douglas' charachter could have gotten both younger and much larger in such a short span of storytime. :D

Nathan McMahan

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the help. I was going to order it from DeepDiscountDVD and they only had it listed as 1.33. I checked a few other sites and it is indeed in 2.35. Return was in 2.35 also. Is there a good consistent user friendly, easy-to-navigate site to get accurate specs and release schedule?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks