What's new

Man Did I Ever "f" Up (1 Viewer)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Good for you Louis, are you and your GF still together? Taking a weekend to talk sounds like it was a real solid idea (no matter what the outcome.)

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Damn Ted,I was counting on using the money to pay for some DVD's I've fallen behind on ;) Ah well I guess Ill let it slide this time :D Good luck Louis!

Louis Stettiner

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry I took so Long to get back to you all. My modem $%^& the bed

To answer Mark's question. we are going some place near the water(ocean) and that is all ia m going to say I dont need people out side my room Yelling "Louis what the hell are you doing dump the Bitch and come out with us" We have beer.

Joe it will do us both some good one its away from the stress and we get to spend Five days with each other.

Louis Stettiner

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all Im not sure if you are all still interested in this Whole GF thing But. last weekend was her Bday and we had the best time together. Out with Our friends on Friday night. The I took her out for Dinner then to a nice bar that has jazz where I got a nice Bottle of Champagne. Sunday out to brunch with her mom. Things are going very well right now.

Mark C Sherman

Second Unit
Great to hear that things are going better than thay were Just a while ago. Lets us Know when you POP the question so we can all take you out for the party(just Kidding of Course)

Great news I hope it all goes well for you

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I don't know her personally, but I ended a realtionship about 8 months ago from a girl who sounds A LOT like her. She dumped me actually, and had a different guy the next week. I was devistated about it at the time, but now I know I'll be much happier in the long run, even if I am single at the moment....:frowning: :thumbsdown:

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Reading "love advice" in this forum just makes me sad... it's always "she's a psycho/bitch, dump her".
I'd miss my wife. She's like a great looking female version of me
has got to be the funniest thing I've read in ages. reminds me of that "Seinfeld" episode where he dates Janeane Garofalo. :)
/Mike

C

ChrisRC

All I have to say is she better be REAL hot.
Otherwise, if she was even REMOTELY average, she would have her walking papers.
FIRST of all, joke or not, 3 months is not long enough for her to be putting you in such an uncomfortable situation by asking you a question like that. You should be the one who is angry, at her for asking the question in front of one of HER friends. Rememberm, she asked the question, that much is certain. All you did was take something she said the wrong way, about breaking up. Again, something she said. Sounds to me if she kept HER mouth SHUT a bit more often, you wouldnt have anything to fight about. Then she tells you that you have to PROVE how you feel about her? I tell ya what, I would take a nice hairy dump on her doorstep and leave a rose with a card sticking out of it saying "Thinking of You" on it if I were you. This one likes to play games, and unless she really wants the threesome she so felt the need to bring up, put foot in her ass, and move on. If she IS serious about the 3some, do her and her friend, THEN put foot in her ass and move on ;) Either way, get to steppin.
...thats my 2 cents....
-ChrisRC

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
From my limited knowledge of relationship psychology, I could've told you from your first few posts that you were never in a position to lose her. Her response to your drinking escapade was not that of someone who was truly offended by your behavior (to the point of abandoning the relationship). Simply put, her response was made on the offensive, and in a manner that would illicit subordinance from you. She wanted to keep the relationship together, but by projecting the image of a possible break-up, she could test her limits.

Because she knew the issue was one-sided, she could behave aggressively and not worry about anything but cooperation from you. A dead giveaway was the fact that on Friday (two days after the incident) when you didn't talk to her, she mentioned your lack of communication on that day as another mistake YOU made. Again, she responded aggressively to a rather mild issue, because she knew the ball was in her court.

Bottom line: control in this relationship is not balanced. Instead of responding to the whole issue in a manner that would resolve it rather easily, she saw an opportunity to position herself as the person in charge of the relationship. From this point on, she knows that if there is even a mild amount of friction, she can sway the solution to her liking (instead of a mutual compromise).

It's all about balance; love, control, time...if one person puts in more or less of any of these factors than their partner, the relationship will ultimately have some conflict.

Eve T

Supporting Actor
From a womans perspective:
Two words come immediatly into my mind
Head Games
She knows she has you where she wants you and that you don't want to lose her.
I feel from the limited information I have read here that she does have some issues to deal with. I'm not familiar with her background or what happened with her Ex. but feel that there are some unresolved problems that she has to work on.
All I know is that she brought up a touchy subject, you in turn made the wise choice by pleading the fifth. Obviously this wasn't the answer she wanted to hear and she instead of moving onto another subject, decided to joke around and play games by mentioning "breaking up".
That is NOT a subject to be joking about. She brought it up for a reason, I don't care if she says she was "joking".
Many truths are said in jest.
She instigated an argument and it blew up in her face when you took her seriously.
I'm not telling you to dump her, nor am I going to resort to calling her names, but I think she and you have some issues to work out together.
Maybe counseling for herself or the two of you is in order?
Just remember that just because she's the most stable person you've ever dated doesn't make her quote un quote "stable".
In any event I wish you both the best of luck.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Why is everyone replying to a thread that started 3+ months ago? By now I would think the relationship has either gotten through the trouble described or it's over.

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Greg, possibly because I was not aware that this thread was three months old....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks