What's new

MAME Users (1 Viewer)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Dave,

For me, I'm just looking to use it with a PC at first, cabinet is a ways down the road for me (if ever.) The X Arcade should work with Tempest just fine, but you'll be playing it with a joystick and not a spinner. If you want a standalone spinner, check out EdR's Powermate above. For mounting and all that other stuff I have no idea.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
MAME 0.65b just came out last week, so my MAME collection is lacking a few games here and there. Probably about 40+ ROMs and 2-3 .chd images. Time to get cracking and finish my collection. 3500+ games! Ouch!
Well, I was current 2 versions ago, and then they started supporting HUGE images (hard drive based games like area51). Speacking of which, has anyone built a ccabinet/TV setup for MAME using a light gun? Just wondering if I could run emulated versions of all the gun games with an actual gun as opposed to a mouse. Now that would be worth building...

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I just Upgraded my Mame to version .065 and now all my Vector graphic games which worked before are scrambling my video , like it's in a bad resolution or something,

I have Win XP Pro, nothings changed other than the version of MAME

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
Well, that depends on the games you like. On my Athlon XP 2200+ I can't run the latest games - Killer Instinct 1/2, Crusin USA/World or the higher end games. They run, albeit VERY slowly. You should be able to play anything prior to 1990 in MAME, maybe as high as '95 even. I doubt the Neo-Geo stuff, and some others will be full speed though.
There is a Mame Rom for Crusin' USA and World? I was aware of the Killer Instinct 1 and 2, but I have been searching for Crusin' for ever, can you PM or reply as to where I might find this?

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
FYI All - I traded someone for a dual X-arcade stick, should arrive in 7-10 days. I'll let you all know how it works out when it gets here.

Drew Dockery

Stunt Coordinator
If anyone is interested, I'm about to sell my Hotrod SE, which is very similar to the X-Arcade. I love it, but I want to build my own.

Thong T

Auditioning
I received my X-Arcade dual sticks yesterday. Hooked it up to my PC for MAME. Configured the 2 sticks for Smash TV. WOrked very well I have to say.

Once I get more ROMs, I'll post how it fairs with the other games.

Thong

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Wow, it is crazy what you can find out there. And most of the games run exactly like I remember them. Still waiting for the x-arcade stick any day (and boy do the keyboard controls suck!) but so far MAME is a huge winner. Half of the games I've found I had totally forgotten about, now I can play them again (and show them to my son when he's a little older.)

Check out the list of titles at this place:

http://www.playagain.net/

Have to go to "Jeux -> Arcade -> MAME" but what a list!

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I got a little sick of searching for MAME stuff, and happened upon a website that offered free Roms on CD. Basically, you just had to send someone the CDs, and they'd burn a complete romset for you. Nobody profited, so it wasn't technically illegal. A little grey though, so I won't post the link (Update-I just checked, and the site got taken down).

Still, it sure beat searching for 3000+ Roms, and it only cost me 8 blanks and $4 shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks