What's new

Mama's Family??? Eunice??? Any News??? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I was just curious if there was any news if Mama's Family, The Family (The Carol Burnett Eunice skits) or both will ever be hitting DVD???

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Many of Carol Burnett volumes that Columbia House released contain "Family" sketches. These are being sold via info-mercials now as well.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I really wanted to like this show because I liked the sketches on The Carol Burnete show but this sitcom was right up there with Dharma and Greg and Sudenly Susan as most unfunny sitcom that overstayed it's welcome.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
You'd be surprised, Travis. Depends on who owns the distribution rights. If it's Columbia, you can almost bet on seeing it sometime in the future.

This is one that I've sat down and watched whole episodes of in syndication on TBS several years ago -- but I doubt that I would ever spend money to do so. Not with the wealth of other TV shows coming to the DVD market.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
According to TVShowsonDVD.com the rights are owned by Warner.

I'd buy these in a second.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I would buy these for my mom. She loves this show! It's because Thelma Harper is so much like her mother-in-law that she can't stand.......and oddly enough her name is Thelma too and she says "Oh my Lord!" just like Mama.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I will admit I saw Vicki Lawrence in her Las Vegas stage show (part of a national tour) recently. She does stand up and sings her song for the first half and then returns as Mama for the second half.

I actually liked it. :b

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks