What's new

Mama's Family 30th Anniversary (1 Viewer)

Real Name
E.G.
darkrock17 said:
12? I thought it was only 6 episodes though.

Grandma USA is from season 3 though, what would be edited from a syndicated episode?
I haven't watched the episode yet, but Time Life said on their Facebook page "Music Replaced: Something." I don't remember what song "Something" is or where in the episode it was, but that's what Time Life posted.
gogo.there said:
Also the INCOMPETENT PEOPLE of TIME LIFE fouled up the episode order

BY AIR DATE ID NOT WHAT WE NEED

PRODUCTION ORDER IS NOT WHAT WE NEED

STORYLINE ORDER IS WHAT WE NEED

MAMAS SILVER AND ALIEN MARRIAGE BELONG BEFORE THE WEDDING EPS
Actually, it does work in air date order - now. With the restored Harvey Korman introduction on "Alien Marriage" for instance, he refers to the episode as something that happened before Vint and Naomi got married. But, watching it in syndication all these years with that intro cut out, really made it seem like it should have aired before "The Wedding" when, in actuality, it is exactly where it belongs.

G

gogo.there

justegofficial said:
I haven't watched the episode yet, but Time Life said on their Facebook page "Music Replaced: Something." I don't remember what song "Something" is or where in the episode it was, but that's what Time Life posted.

Actually, it does work in air date order - now. With the restored Harvey Korman introduction on "Alien Marriage" for instance, he refers to the episode as something that happened before Vint and Naomi got married. But, watching it in syndication all these years with that intro cut out, really made it seem like it should have aired before "The Wedding" when, in actuality, it is exactly where it belongs.
They did that into as a cover for the episode, but people thought that episode + mamas silver were too mean spirited, so they took a hiatus to nicing everyone down, and decided to air them later in season, still regardless, they are out of place

ALSO - they spread the episodes over too many discs.

on the season 1 2 3 4 5 6 discs, they should have had no bonus features - using all 8.5 gb for the episodes to look as best as they can

season 1 - should have been 2 discs -- not 3

season 2 - should have been 3 discs -- not 4

season 3 - should have been 3 discs -- not 4

season 4 - should have been 3 discs -- not 4

season 5 - should have been 3 discs -- not 4

season 6 - was correctly on 3 discs

bonus features - should not have been on 2 discs -- should have been on 4 discs - since all bonus features from regular and bonus discs = 13 hours 29 minutes

so they stupidly did it on 24 discs - when should have been on 21 discs - which would have saved money and gave us the cut material as well

that would have meant - time life would have made 3 less discs --- that means a savings of 30-50 thousand dollars minimum
AND THAT MONEY SAVED could have been used rto get the rights to all the cut material they cut

SO BOTTOM LINE this set timelife produced was done by incompetents, who did not plan it out properly

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
darkrock17 said:
12? I thought it was only 6 episodes though.
I believe the 6 episode count was simply from Seasons 1 and 2, which some people had snagged early from some B&M stores. No one had any idea what additional cuts might lie in Seasons 3 - 6, which are currently only available in the box.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
The extras are placed throughout the set because they will eventually offer each six seasons separately.

BOTTOM LINE: SHEESH!!

G

gogo.there

Ethan Riley said:
The extras are placed throughout the set because they will eventually offer each six seasons separately.

BOTTOM LINE: SHEESH!!
BOTTOM LINE - IT WAS A WASTE SPREADING THE EXTRAS OVER THE 6 SEASONS

BOTTOM LINE - IF THEY DONE IT THE CORRECT WAY - THEY COULD STILL RELEASES ALL 6 SEASONS + THE BONUS DISC SET ALSO (LIKE MASH DID) AND SAVED MONEY + AFFORDED TO GIVE US A DECENT SET WITHOUT THE LAME EDITS

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
gogo.there said:
BOTTOM LINE - IT WAS A WASTE SPREADING THE EXTRAS OVER THE 6 SEASONS

BOTTOM LINE - IF THEY DONE IT THE CORRECT WAY - THEY COULD STILL RELEASES ALL 6 SEASONS + THE BONUS DISC SET ALSO (LIKE MASH DID) AND SAVED MONEY + AFFORDED TO GIVE US A DECENT SET WITHOUT THE LAME EDITS
Bottom line is you came here with an ax to grind and you'll most likely be gone before long.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
gogo.there said:
Learn the context of what was said, nobody was being called a name, the words used were descriptive of their actions not them as people. If people like them can not take criticism then their parents raised winey kids who think it is not ok to call people on the carpet for the lax descion making. Which is horrible, if you make errors you need to be told. Stop being so PC, that is sickening.
Oh good gief. Let's parse what was said:

You called people "snot nosed." The definition on dictionary.com says this means "arrogant." Usually, this isn't a term of endearment from one person to another.

You said they were "too stupid." This suggests they lack intelligence as human beings to beings to know one thing from another. That is never considered a term of endearment.

You also said they had "no brains or common sense." This again implies the people making decisions have no intelligence. See comment on previous point.

Another point: if you're being the dictionary police, you might want to figure out how to spell "whiny." It's not "whiney."

It's not me being PC. It's me knowing how to be a professional adult and get things done. Any rational person would have tuned you out a long time ago because you want to start fights. Fine. You're on ignore because I don't want to deal with you.

G

gogo.there

Jason_V said:
Oh good gief. Let's parse what was said:

You called people "snot nosed." The definition on dictionary.com says this means "arrogant." Usually, this isn't a term of endearment from one person to another.

You said they were "too stupid." This suggests they lack intelligence as human beings to beings to know one thing from another. That is never considered a term of endearment.

You also said they had "no brains or common sense." This again implies the people making decisions have no intelligence. See comment on previous point.

Another point: if you're being the dictionary police, you might want to figure out how to spell "whiny." It's not "whiney."

It's not me being PC. It's me knowing how to be a professional adult and get things done. Any rational person would have tuned you out a long time ago because you want to start fights. Fine. You're on ignore because I don't want to deal with you.
yes it is you being PC and yes theywere acting arrogant and do not know what they are doing - beacuse they used too many discs for the release + if they had done the configuration as on other page, they would have saved more than enough money (in discs + glass masters + labor) to afford all the material they cut - they were plain idiots and because of uneducated people like you that allow compainies to just shovel any crap out as a release and you by it, shows that they can keep it up, punishing people who only want high quality releases

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
No...I told you they had to space out the extras over multiple discs because the season sets will be sold individually. They did it exactly right.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
gogo.there said:
yes it is you being PC and yes theywere acting arrogant and do not know what they are doing - beacuse they used too many discs for the release + if they had done the configuration as on other page, they would have saved more than enough money (in discs + glass masters + labor) to afford all the material they cut - they were plain idiots and because of uneducated people like you that allow compainies to just shovel any crap out as a release and you by it, shows that they can keep it up, punishing people who only want high quality releases
Stop with the insults!

John Karras

Second Unit
Real Name
Lawrence
Ethan Riley said:
TWELVE cuts/replacements?? Aye yie yie...
Thanks to justegofficial for auditing the episodes to determine music cuts. Wow, TL made the statement that they cleared most of the music for the series, but after adding up the music cuts, it raises the question "what music did they actually clear????" Maybe after further auditing, a list can be produced of music that was cleared for this set.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
John Karras said:
Thanks to justegofficial for auditing the episodes to determine music cuts. Wow, TL made the statement that they cleared most of the music for the series, but after adding up the music cuts, it raises the question "what music did they actually clear????" Maybe after further auditing, a list can be produced of music that was cleared for this set.
This series didn't have that much music in it and what Mama sang the very few times that she did, weren't they written by the writers or even Vicki herself? so I don't know what would have to be cleared unless Eunice's song from The Wedding Part 2 wasn't something written for the episode.

We already know about Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy and Happy Days Are Here Again, after those two, I can't recall what else would have to cleared.

Real Name
E.G.
darkrock17 said:
This series didn't have that much music in it and what Mama sang the very few times that she did, weren't they written by the writers or even Vicki herself? so I don't know what would have to be cleared unless Eunice's song from The Wedding Part 2 wasn't something written for the episode.

We already know about Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy and Happy Days Are Here Again, after those two, I can't recall what else would have to cleared.
You'd be surprised just how much music the show used. I sat down the other night and watched the first five episodes and there were a bunch of songs - mostly sung by characters. From memory, in "For Better or for Worse" Vint and Naomi sing Kenny Rogers' "The Gambler" and the Mr. Ed theme song (both cleared for the DVD), In "The Wedding (1)" Vint sings "Get Me to the Church on Time" from My Fair Lady (cleared for the DVD), the women all sing "Hard Hearted Hannah" (though that may be in the public domain, I'm not sure) and Eunice sings "Oh Promise Me" (may be in the public domain, too), in "The Wedding (2)" Eunice sings "Oh Promise Me" again and in "Family Feud" they used the Family Feud theme song. Those are just the first five episodes off the top of my head. Some others I can remember from other seasons: "Rollin on the River" was sung by Thelma in "Dependence Day," The Jeopardy theme song was used for the "Jeopardy" episode, "Sugartime" by the McGuire Sisters was sung by the Bonecrushers in "Bubba's House Band," in a flashback in "Sins of the Mother," Eunice sings the "Mother" song, in "Mama in One," the songs they didn't cut were Frank Sinatra's "Brazil," "Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man" and Frank Sinatra's "Me and My Shadow" and of course, the several times the "Happy Birthday" song was sung throughout the series (you have to pay to use that, too) - and those are just some I've thought of without the list of episodes in front of me. The more episodes I watch, the more I'm starting to think that we really got lucky with this set having ONLY a dozen or so music edits.

G

gogo.there

Ethan Riley said:
No...I told you they had to space out the extras over multiple discs because the season sets will be sold individually. They did it exactly right.
spacing them out wasted disc space and wasted money - money which could have been used to pay the rights for the MATERIAL FROM THE EDITS

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
gogo.there said:
spacing them out wasted disc space and wasted money - money which could have been used to pay the rights for the MATERIAL FROM THE EDITS
No. You were not listening. The extras were spaced out for a reason. The reason is because all six seasons will be sold separately. And therefore, each season set must have its own extras. If this series were only to be released in one big boxed set, then things would be different. But even if they hadn't wasted more discs, it still doesn't mean they would have been able to afford to clear more songs.

I hope this clears things up for you, but I wouldn't think so. And I'm sure you'll not see this post, seeing as how you're here insulting people and calling the moderator names. Nice doin' business with ya...

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Ethan Riley said:
No. You were not listening. The extras were spaced out for a reason. The reason is because all six seasons will be sold separately. And therefore, each season set must have its own extras. If this series were only to be released in one big boxed set, then things would be different. But even if they hadn't wasted more discs, it still doesn't mean they would have been able to afford to clear more songs.

I hope this clears things up for you, but I wouldn't think so. And I'm sure you'll not see this post, seeing as how you're here insulting people and calling the moderator names. Nice doin' business with ya...
I'm no expert on how many shows fit on a DVD without compromising quality but don't I hear people complaining all the time about TOO MANY shows being crammed on DVD's thereby causing picture quality issues? You just can't please everybody! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks