What's new

Malkovich Signs for 'Potter IV' (1 Viewer)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Gotta love how the imdb news section gets their facts right before posting. :)

I thought one of the rules for casting in the Potter films was that the actors had to be English.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
If I had known that the original quote was from IMDB, I would have immediately dismissed it. That site is consistently
erroneous.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I agree that Malkovich would be a great choice, though I've always pictured David Bowie as Voldemort.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Malkovich would be awesome...too bad it's just a rumor. With the nearly flawless casting thus far, I have faith that whoever they do cast will be the right choice.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
I've always thought Christopher Plummer should be Voldemort. If they need to cast younger, Gabriel Byrne should be considered (especially since the actor who played "Tom Riddle" in Chamber of Secrets looks like a young Gabriel Byrne a wee bit).

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
Haven't the considered casting Mr. Bean himself in this role...Rowan Atkinson? Or, was that a different role?

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I always thought Colin Firth would make a great Voldemort. He's got the range & the look to act purely evil, and resembles the Tom Riddle character from the second film.

Edit: On second thought, I think Jeremy Irons would also be a great choice to play Voldemort! I had him pegged for the Ra's Al Ghul character in the new Batman film, before they gave the role to Ken Watanabe. Irons definately has the Aura for a sinister character like Voldemort.

(Man... I shoulda been a casting agent!) ;)

Moe.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter

True...that would be quite a departure from his roles as romantic lead that he's had lately.

And to be honest, I would like to see it...

I do fear the ladies would be upset though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks