What's new

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (2019) (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
A-Listed this IMAX yesterday and thought it was totally, perfectly, entirely... okay.

Felt the first was about the same: watchable and moderately entertaining but nothing more.

Same goes here. Decent way to pass 118 minutes but not memorable...

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I decided to see this yesterday since it's about at the end of its 2-week run on large-format screens. I thought the first film was just OK, but I liked this one much better. I'm not really understanding all the hate for it here. Like Crawdaddy said, it's not something I'd want to revisit again but it was certainly entertaining.

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
I saw this last week and enjoyed it well enough but started to dislike it when thinking about it afterwards. It has the Man of Steel problem in that it did not acknowledge the cost of reaching the ending. I mean the saccharine ending was just hours after a sequence of what should have been tragic events but are instead treated more like a video game.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I saw this last week and enjoyed it well enough but started to dislike it when thinking about it afterwards. It has the Man of Steel problem in that it did not acknowledge the cost of reaching the ending. I mean the saccharine ending was just hours after a sequence of what should have been tragic events but are instead treated more like a video game.
TBH, the real intended audience is children so I had no problem with the uplifting ending.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I had the same problem. Not that I'm looking for a huge "woe is me" or solemn ending...but dang, there was mass murder and someone should have acknowledged that.

TBH, the real intended audience is children so I had no problem with the uplifting ending.

Absolutely. Uplifting is fine...just don't be so jarring.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks