What's new

Malcolm X: SE.....February 8th (1 Viewer)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Is Warner including those cardboard slipcases on these like they did for Chariots of Fire last week?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Yea, I regret giving my older version away now. I dont really mind putting in another disc.

But the documentary is very good - lots of Malcolm footage and is probably worth the $15 you can get this for now on release week.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter

Hmm, I know you refer to Peter Boyle's ending line in the scene (and Side 1) as "too obvious", but don't you think it at least offers a nice, punctuating "pop" to the end of that first section of the film?

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Travis, Best Buy is on 71st and Hwy 169, so leaving work at 71st and Memorial means I DO NOT work at Best Buy. LOL!!!

Yes, I think the Peter Boyle line is an excellent place to end disc 1.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Personally, I LOVE the new cover. It certainly doesn't fall into the "floating heads" category, and it WAS one of the theatrical posters as well. The shiny treatment of it and the embossing on the slipcover is VERY NICE.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Mike, but of course...I was rather tired when I asked that, he he, and dare I say hopeful I could ask for the ocassional employee discount hook-up... ;)

Gil Jawetz

Stunt Coordinator

Have you seen the disc? He says the line and the film just abruptly stops, cuts to black. They should have faded it or something, using a bit of score. It's just very sudden and sloppy for such an otherwise well-made disc.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
if they had faded it, using a bit of score, people would have complained that the theatrical version of the film that has been burned into their brains for the past 12 years had been altered and asked that the responsible party be fired, set on fire and hung from the highest tree.
When the movie plays straight through, there is a CUT from that scene to the next, and therefore, is not a problem at all . . . to me.

Gil Jawetz

Stunt Coordinator
I know what you mean about not being able to please everyone (although I suppose putting it on one side would have done that) but the sudden cut seems almost like a mistake. It's just not very well handled.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks