What's new

"Malcolm in the Middle" (1 Viewer)

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Has this show become really awful or what? Last season was unwatchable, but I was hoping they would rebound this season. No such luck, based on last night's horrid episode. Dewey's subplot was the only salvation. Lois does nothing but scream anymore, the father is a complete buffoon, the Krelboynes are absolutely unfunny, Francis is stuck in another idiotic storyline. What started as a cross between "The Wonder Years" and "A Christmas Story" is now like the worst episodes of "Married With Children". I did enjoy the traffic-ticket rerun, however. I guess the show only had two good seasons in it. :thumbsdown:
Agree? Disagree?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Disagree. While it isn't as great at the first season that I've watched in marathon season recently on DVD, it's defineately going strong, in my opinion. The Francis storylines are still going good... it's interesting to see him actually trying to take some responsibility. The Lois/Hal subplot was weak, but both Dewey's and Malcolm's storylines were strong.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The Francis subplots in the first season were okay, but once he moved to Alaska, I found them unwatchable. I will actually fast forward through the Francis parts as a result.

The other stuff, including the Krelboynes, I like. The Dewey stuff is usually hilarious.

Hanson

mike martin

Stunt Coordinator
One more vote for thinking the show is doing just fine. Put it against just about anything else on television (comedy wise) and it's great. Hard to beat the energy and inovation of the first season though. Their main fault there is simply being so different. Eventually after seeing that spark for so long you forget it's there. Thank god for Fox sunday nights one of the last reasons to even turn the television on anymore.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I enjoyed this week's episode, not only for the Dewey parts, but for the Malcolm parts as well. It is a pretty good microcosm of going up to the next level. When you are in the position that Malcolm is in, you want things to be "better", i.e shunning the geek friends for something better, even if you don't know what "better" is. It was very good pointing out what a fool Malcolm was being.

Jason

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I feel the show is still worth watching as well. Last week's "Reese Vs. The Goat" subplot was hilarious, especially how it provided the solution to Malcolm & Dewey's dilemma. I also really enjoyed this week with Dewey as a latchkey kid. That Erik Per Sullivan is one funny little dude!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks