What's new

Malcolm in the Middle...last good season? (1 Viewer)

Aaron_H

Agent
Real Name
Aaron
Before the first season of Malcolm came out on DVD, I had only seen a few shows on FOX and thought the show was ok. When I got the first season on DVD and watched them, I realized how very funny and smart that season was.

Anyway, I'm not sure what season Malcom is actually in now, but when I watch the shows, I think they really have gone downhill since the first season. Those german people at the dude ranch really get on my nerves...

I wanted to know if you guys thought the shows have degraded or not since the first season, and if you think they have, in your opinion, what was their last *good* season? Season 2 is not on DVD yet, so I don't know if those shows are as good as season 1, but I know for sure I don't care to get the newer seasons when they come out on DVD.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Seasons 1 & 2 were peak. Season 3 is the low point, with Season 4 coming back a little bit. The problem with the latter two seasons was that they were so convinced that people wanted a grown-up Malcolm that they pushed girlfriend soap-opera into a show where it didn't belong. They also dropped the conversation with the audience device for the most part.

Still, both of the last two seasons have had enough gems to make it still well worth the time.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Seasons 1 and 2 were the best.

Season 3 became so loud, vulgar, and cartoonish I bailed out halfway through, after Reese's driving test, I believe.

I only saw a few episodes from Season 4 - not too bad, but not good enough to get me back. Most of the time I ended up turning it off after a few minutes.

The ones I've seen this season have been quite good - I think they might finally be back to the level of Season 2. I just saw the show when Lois imagines having daughters - inspired.

Dewey and Jordan from Bernie Mac are the best kids on TV.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Actually, that one was a re-run from last season.

Last year wasn't its best season - they really had a tough time working around Jane Kaczernak's pregnancy (I apologize for the butchering of the name) - but I still laughed more often than not. Any show that gives us this dialogue (from the Christopher Lloyd episode) is still doing something right:

Piama: What are you going to do?

Francis (grim, determined look on face): We don't know.

Reese (same look): We never know!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks