Making Screen Captures with PowerDVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joshua Clinard, Oct 19, 2001.

1. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard Screenwriter

Joshua Clinard
    I just got a new computer with PowerDVD, and I was looking for the option to create screen captures, with no success. I know it is in there somewhere, as I have seen posts on this forum that pointed out this feature. Or maybe they removed it from the most recent version? Can anyone tell me how to do this, or let me know if they have removed this option? If so, is there any place where I can download a version that has this feature?

2. Scott Dill

Scott Dill Stunt Coordinator

There is a small icon on the control panel that looks like a camera. This is for screen captures.
    If it is greyed out in yours, perhaps you have the trial version and not the full version

3. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard Screenwriter

Joshua Clinard
    Thanks, I will try that. However, I looked all over the Control Panel, and I don't remember seeing it. Although I may have missed it. I got the version that comes with a new Dell computer.

4. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

The default keyboard key should be C, also.
    -Dan

5. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

The player needs to be set to software decoding before you can capture. I went through the same thing when hardware accelleration was enabled. Switched it off, and then I was able to make grabs
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

6. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

In these first two screen captures (of the monitor display, not of a movie, obviously), I have circled in red the button that takes the movie screenshot. The icon on the button is a camera, as Scott Dill mentioned. The first picture is the default PowerDVD skin; the second picture is an alternate skin, Neo (HiColor), the one that I use.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This shot shows that what Sean Moon said is incorrect, at least for me. I have hardware acceleration enabled and am able to make screenshots just fine (some people here already know that [​IMG]). Maybe this setting's affect on the ability to make screenshots varies depending on what video card you use. I have a GeForce2 MX card, for what it's worth.
    [​IMG]
    ------------------
    -Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
    [​IMG]
    Join the JJR512.com [email protected] Team and help cure what ails you. (Click here for more info.)
    Contact me: [email protected] | ICQ: 52675695 | Private Message

7. AllenD

AllenD Second Unit

FYI: I have PowerDVD 3.0 and a Radeon DDR in order to listen to DTS. The one and only option for this combo is to have hardware accelerator enabled. I am also able to take captures by pressing C.