What's new

Making of Documentary Question (1 Viewer)

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
Hi everyone,

It's been a long time since I've posted anything (I actually capitalize things now, oh my!). Just had a quick question; moderators, please feel free to move this to a different forum if it doesn't fit.

I am looking for a decent making of documentary for a film that focuses more on the producer's role in the film. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am doing a lecture for a class and I was hoping to give them a really good example, and "Lost in La Mancha" has been shown too many times in the students' other classes...

Thank you!

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
Oh, that's a toughie..

most people have no clue what a producer even does. Some just have the high-concept version: "he controls/spends the money."

I only know a little more than that, myself: s/he has some other control; Gary Kurtz was allegedly responsible for riding herd on George Lucas in the first Star Wars film, "no, it wasn't right, do it again," sort of thing.

Leo

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
Is the Gary Kurtz stuff in an episode IV documentary? I remember seeing a pretty big presence of Lucas' new producer on the prequels in those making ofs--do you recommend those?

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
I can't remember where I saw the comments about/from Gary Kurtz. I'm inclined to think it was an internet interview (or quoted on the internet) shortly after the release of Attack of the Clones.

Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks