What's new

Making it darker! (1 Viewer)

Dayved Moore

Auditioning
Looking to make my room darker. My main viewing room is my living room and daytime plays heck with reflections. I was looking for something like blackout shades that I use in my darkroom, however my gf wants something less obvious.
Anyone know of anything that could help???
Perhaps something that has tracks that run inside windows.
Thanks in advance,
Dayved
------------------
There is no spoon

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
In an old house instead of curtains or drapes on sliding glass doors that let in light I put wood doors on tracks. A little wood and sheetrock to build a kind of valance to hide the tracks. Another possibility is a neutral version of what you see in catering halls connecting rooms - louvre type stuff on tracks or just get window treatments that largely block out the light - vertical blinds, wood shades, etc.
------------------

Phil Olson

Stunt Coordinator
What you want are blackout accordian shades from Hunter-Douglas. These are just like their designer shades except that the inside of the 'accordian' are metalized so that absolutely NO light gets through.
I got some for my HT and my wife liked them so much that she got them for her kitchen, laundry room, and our master bedroom.
They come in dozens of designer colors and, again, they look just like designer shades so your GF should be able to find something to suite her fancy.
I got them from JC Penny but I've also seen them at the high end furnishing and design boutiques that my wife drags me to when she's in the mood to refurnish.
wink.gif

Hope this helps,
Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks