What's new

Making Coaxial Cables......How ?? (1 Viewer)

Robert

Grip
I am interested in making some cables for my HT.
The cables will run from my PJ to my reciever to deliver
the digital signal.
I am thinking of using Belden RG-6...any info ???
Is RG-6 better than RCA ???

Has anyone ever made these type of cables @home??
Any hints ??? Pics???
Also, is there special connector used to make these connections or can i get them @RS or Parts Express ??

DaveLenhert

Stunt Coordinator
You can also look at my site (see link below), but its very simular to Chris Whites, just a few more pictures.

Also, someone who found my page emailed me about the Canare Tools (which are expenisive), and he found the "Paladin 1300 series" brand tool that is $45 and with with several die options and worked extremely well for the Canare LV77S cable & termination. I have a few pictures that he took, and his cables came out great, he has no complaints about the tools.

-Dave

Michael S

Agent
Robert--you have been provided by others responding to your question several great links and since I have not posted the required minimum numbered of times, I am not permitted to add a link below like they did, but in sentence form, here is another Web site with photos regarding DIY coax cables:

http://home.new.rr.com/zaph/audio/audio-cables.html

Robert

Grip
That's gr8 !!
All the info & links :) So much info...
i can't thank you enough.
Dave thanks for the link to DIY cables, i recommend
this site to anyone.

Calin

Auditioning
Robert:

It sounds like you got some good advise here, but I use revotech.net connectors for my coaxial.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks