making a custom sub enclosure

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Jeff.Y, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Jeff.Y

Jeff.Y Auditioning

i've got a 2004 tacoma (V6 xcab). i know they make an enclosure for the tundra that goes underneath the back passenger seat (i believe it holds two 8's), but i'm thinking of making one for my tacoma. anyone know a good place that could help me make a custom enclosure or someone that could give me advice on making one myself. i really don't want those stealth boxes they make for the tacomas. i want something out of the way. thanks for any help.

2. David.G

David.G Stunt Coordinator

If you need help email me @ [email protected] I can help you make one if you pretty handy with your tools. I'd suggest a fiberglass box with a MDF cover. If you email me, try to send a pic of the area underneath your seat or where you plan to put the box cause then i could help you out more. Plus what subs and how much power are you running. That'll factor what size your enclosure needs to be.

3. Greg_L_C

Greg_L_C Stunt Coordinator

You might go visit Tundra Solutions. I'm a club member. lots of people have come up with creative solutions to your problem, customs boxes and baffles.

Greg

4. David.G

David.G Stunt Coordinator

hey doesn't that console end at the rear seats. Whats a great enclosure if there's room for the driver and you don't mind not using the middle seat, is to make the console extend into the enclosure. I don't know if there's any controls or anything on the end of the console on the rear, but like my car i have a box to hold a 6" JL 6W0 and it ands lots of midbass into my cabin. Gives great SQ, but with your truck there may be room to put an 8" or maybe 10" sub.