Makhmalbaf's 'The Cyclist' on DVD - or avoid IranianMovies.com !

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gary Tooze, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Gary Tooze

Gary Tooze Producer

Just to let you know... avoid IranianMovies.com
    Review of their The Cyclist DVD with screen captures is here:
    http://207.136.67.23/film/dvdcompare...dvd-review.htm
    Well, were can we start... an obvious bootleg, done, most likely in somebody's basement computer. The picture quality is atrocious, as is the sound. Although there are chapters, I could never reach the end of them as the disc failed at 38:00 minutes: "The DVD disc might have been damaged so as to inhibit playback operation."
    No Extras, No Menu. Non-removable subs. The film is short my 20 minutes of its intended length. The quality is sub-par VHS. My advice is to avoid this outfit ( www.iranianmovies.com ) like the plague. They are obviously bandits. I will be seeking my money back, but purchasing this one disc has shown me what I wanted to know. I give this disc 0 out of 5 .
    cheers,

2. jeroen

jeroen Agent

I second gary's comments about iranianmovies.com. Bought THE MIRROR from them and it came on a dvd-rw with printed stick-on label and cover. Pq was not as bad as gary's captures, but close. When i complained the guy was rude, and it was only until i said i'd get my creditcard co involved that he offered to give me a full refund. I'll send back the dvd today, we'll see what happens.