What's new

Make Room For Daddy on Cozi TV - Season 10! (1 Viewer)

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i thought jean hagen was just as good looking.

dont recall just how they were made up in the show

when i look it up, hagen is 5 years younger

my recall thinks of both of them as being good looking.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
Neil Brock said:
Although it wasn't written that way, as that's not how things were on TV in the 50s, it actually does make perfect sense for the characters. Danny was an entertainer and Margaret was his average first wife who gave him two kids. Then when he became more successful, he would have dumped her and found himself a trophy wife hottie like Kathy. Of course in real life, he would have given Margaret the kids as well!
Great analogy! I found Donna Reed a combination of Margaret and Kathy! Donna was glamorous and An average housewife.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
She had completed " Singin' In The Rain" and she wanted a film career. And I think differences with she and Thomas over other issues....

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Recording Question:

What screen aspect is everybody recording this show on?
My DVR gives me 3 choices: 4:3 Letter Box, 4:3 Pan & Scan, and 16:9 Wide.
I started recording 4:3 Letter Box, but it gave me black bars on top and bottom of image, so I switched to 16:9 Wide.
Which is better?

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Off topic sorta, but what were the issues between Danny Thomas and Jean Hagen???
It was all pretty much spelled out in his autobiography, Make Room For Danny. But as I recall, they just didn't get along personally or professionally. He felt that since they really didn't get along, that it showed on screen via a lack of chemistry. Also, she would come to rehearsals dressed very casually which also annoyed him. Finally, she was much more of a well known star than he was when the show started and he felt that her leaving could have ended the series, which probably accounts for the lingering animosity towards her.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Recording Question: What screen aspect is everybody recording this show on?My DVR gives me 3 choices: 4:3 Letter Box, 4:3 Pan & Scan, and 16:9 Wide.I started recording 4:3 Letter Box, but it gave me black bars on top and bottom of image, so I switched to 16:9 Wide.Which is better?
There really isn't a better I don't think. The show was shot in 4:3 but Cozi wanted the transfers done in a fake widescreen. Since I still use a 4:3 set, I'm doing them in Pan & Scan.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Neil Brock said:
There really isn't a better I don't think. The show was shot in 4:3 but Cozi wanted the transfers done in a fake widescreen. Since I still use a 4:3 set, I'm doing them in Pan & Scan.
I tried using 4:3 Pan & Scan on my DVR, but it cut off the sides of the picture. Of course, this only happens on the Cozi-TV channel. If I was recording something off Me-TV or Antenna TV, it would be fine with 4:3 Pan & Scan because they don't show their programs in fake widescreen like Cozi.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I tried using 4:3 Pan & Scan on my DVR, but it cut off the sides of the picture. Of course, this only happens on the Cozi-TV channel. If I was recording something off Me-TV or Antenna TV, it would be fine with 4:3 Pan & Scan because they don't show their programs in fake widescreen like Cozi.
Well, in the case of this show, Cozi actually paid to have them transferred into widescreen. So, they aren't really showing them in fake widescreen but they were run off that way, kind of like that botched Route 66 set. Really the choices are to get it the way they air it, with the tops and bottoms of the screen cut off or put it in 4:3 and lose the sides. Either way, its a lose-lose proposition.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
Just wrote on Cozi's Facebook page how about trying to secure the Hagen years for viewers. Some of u should write on the FB page also and request them.....

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Just wrote on Cozi's Facebook page how about trying to secure the Hagen years for viewers. Some of u should write on the FB page also and request them.....
Forget about it. Just not likely to ever happen as Tony Thomas controls the estate and he doesn't want them to be seen again.

Users who are viewing this thread