What's new

Major WWE release news for November (1 Viewer)

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
I know that Bret Hart has said in interviews that he and Vince have met on at least one occasion over the last few years and have worked out most of their differences at least enough for Hart to consider making an appearance or two on WWE programming - if the conditions are right.

I know he has stated that his main interest was to gain access to films of all of his matches and share the rights to that footage and to make a final appearance to give a proper farewell speech to the fans.

About 2 years or so ago, the rumor was that Vince agreed to meet Bret's conditions - except he wanted Bret to be involved in some sort of angle to hype-up his appearance. Bret supposedly refused, saying that he wasn't interested in being part of angle and only wanted to make one final appearance without having to share the spotlight with someone else in order to do it. Negotiations were said to break down at that point (this was around WrestleMania 19 when the Bret Hart rumors were running rampant around the 'net - those rumors again resurfaced just prior to WM20).

The good thing is despite all of the that Hart has consistantly said in recent interviews that time has healed most of the wounds and he and Vince are back on speaking terms. He also won't rule out making a final WWE appearance.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Yup, the deal is signed, and he will be participating in the production of his DVD. That just made it an instant priority

RyanAn

Screenwriter
That is great news but man, it is expensive! If you get the big set it averages to about $14.25 a DVD, and if you buy them in the five-packs, it is $13.99. I think you might as well spend the extra quarter each and just get the big box solely for the cards and extras. That is just the MSRP, right? If it were less than $250 in stores when it is one sale, that would be a super price!

Looking forward to Bret Hart's DVD and my two favorite pay-per-view's, old school Survivor Series and Royal Rumble!

Ryan

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Matt - sorry to get your hopes up, but like Nick said, nothing is offical. I was just saying that it would be nice if they were coming out as well as Wrestlemania.

Ryan

Matt Harrison

Stunt Coordinator

No problem mate.

Have you got a region free DVD player, if you have you can pick up the old rumbles, survivors, king of the ring and summerslams.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
This is just my speculation mind you, but my guess would be that if the Manias do well, that it will increase the chances of the Rumbles/Summerslams/Survivor Series...Its good footage for 24/7 yes, but not everyone has that and it will be awhile before they do. WWE business is down, but they still do great on home video, so that tells me they'll probably milk that a little bit more.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
If they release Wrestlemania on DVD, I wonder about the music. The following songs were used in Wrestlemania 1 and 3, and are in danger of being edited out of the DVDs.

Wrestlemania 1
Phillip Bailey and Phil Collins - Easy Lover (instrumental)

Queen - Another One Bites The Dust

Bruise Springstein - Born In The U.S.A.

Cyndi Lauper - Girl Just Want To Have Fun

Survivor - Eye Of the Tiger

Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F

Wrestlemania 3
The Time - The Byrd

Aretha Franklyn - Who's Zooming Who?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'd guess they wouldn't clear the songs and release without hell, the new DVD of the ECW event switched out Enter Sandman for some instrumental.

WWE replaces music all the time, and I guess the feeling is that since most people by for the matches, few people care what enterence music the guys come out too...hell, they replaced Chris Benoit's WCW music with his WWE music on his DVD.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Thanks for the link Matt!

Any official news for the Wrestlemania box set? Specs? I can only hope they won't double up years and have 10 discs... Select commentaries, interviews, memories. I am getting all veklemped. :)

Ryan

Matt Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
No problem. Im looking forward to the specs aswell, im not going to get too over excited because there could be none :p)

Good point about the music, could be some problems.

Whats your favourite wrestlemania then? I remember the excitement of 4 and 9 always holds a special place with me.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
9? Really? I've never heard that one before...as being someone's favorite, although the Vegas atmosphere was kind of cool.

My favorite is III, with XIV, and VIII also ranking very strongly. X7 had the best wrestling up and down though.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
One more song that might have to be changed from Wrestlemania 1.

During the entrances of the guest celebirities for the main event. The MSG organ played their own instrumental of "New York New York."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks