1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Major worry about M*A*S*H TV series

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MatthewA, Dec 17, 2001.

1. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    I read DVDfile's review, and the running time said "267 minutes," which is nowhere even close to what all 24 episodes of the first season should be.
    I multiplied the number by two and got 534 minutes, and divided it by 24, and I got 22.25. This means that the M*A*S*H DVDs could use the cut versions!
    http://www.dvdfile.com/software/revi...4/mash_s1.html

2. David Allum

David Allum Stunt Coordinator

According to the listing on Amazon the set runs 624 minutes which comes out to 26 mins per episode.

3. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

For some strange reason, Fox only sent me the first disc for review. I'd guess that other sites probably got the same truncated presentation. Anyway, each of the eight episodes on the first disc last about 26 minutes. No idea where DVD File got their number, but as other threads have noted, they - like all of us - have their mistakes.

Anyway, I haven't watched any because I won't review incomplete product; either I get the full set or I skip it. Nonetheless, based on the first DVD, it looks like these are complete episodes...

4. Daniel L

Daniel L Stunt Coordinator

We know about the error... I don't know how the 6 & 2 were transposed, they were correct in the raw review.

Daniel L

5. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

Wow. 26 whole minutes of program content in each half-hour of TV. Man, those were the days!

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer