What's new

Major problem with Panasonic DMR-E20 :( (1 Viewer)

Jim A. Banville

Supporting Actor
Apparently, when recording to DVD-R's, the E20 makes the recording have a VERY light black level. You must either turn your BRIGHTNESS control WAY up on your TV to compensate or you must insert a "video processor" between the source and the E20 to substantially reduce the black level before the signal is recorded to the DVD-R. This problem doesn't occur with DVD-RAM. Anyone else having this problem or know of another solution? I consider this a major problem because I don't want to add a resolution losing device (that requires I expend even more money over the $800 price of the recorder) in the signal path, and I don't want to mis-adjust my display for playback of DVD-R's made on the E20 :frowning:

Jim A. Banville

Supporting Actor
I've had one person report that he has this problem too, and bought an expensive video processor to counteract the lightened black effect, but I've also heard from a couple people that say they don't see the problem. Anyone else with this player have experience with DVD-R's made on the E-20, played on other DVD players with positive results?

thanks

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks