What's new

Major League, Tading Places announced (1 Viewer)

James L White

Supporting Actor
according to DVDfile those 2 movies are coming on Sept 24 but don't get too excited ML will be totaly barebones while TP will only have an interview feature and the trailer,:frowning: 24.95 SRP on both
sorry but that's rediculous when other studios put out DVDs of equal or better quality at better prices:thumbsdown:

StevenW

Second Unit
Trading Places wont even have that interview feature according to Mr. Blythe over at DVDTalk.

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
It sucks that Major League doesn't have a thing on it. But at least it's coming out. I've been waiting for this movie for years. It's widescreen and anamorphic, so they got the two most important things right.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Well Major League is a sure thing and Trading Places has the two most important things included: Jamie Lee Curtis!
( o ) ( o )
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Jodee

Screenwriter
These two Eddie Murphy titles were added for pre-order today at DVD Empire!

Boomerang has an audio commentary. No features listed for Trading Places.

I am so excited. Trading Places is one of my all-time favorite comedies.

Time to ditch the pan&scan laserdisc!

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
The news about BOOMERANG is very exciting. Quite frankly more than i expected with a commentary and deleted scenes. I consider this to be Eddie Murphy's funniest film!

David

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Wow, Trading Places is sooo cool. This is Eddie Murphy, Dan Ackroyd & Ralph Bellamy at their best
:D

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
If someone asked me: "Would you like a bare-bones, but OAR, Trading Places DVD announced today?"
I'd scream YES!!!!! My beloved hometown (Philadelphia!!!) has never looked nicer in a film, and goddam if this isn't a drop-dead funny movie.
And Major League? I love it so much that I get a little misty-eyed when they win the big game. Sad, eh? I get all choked up over a comedy with the mentality of Police Academy. :laugh:

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
OUCH my aching wallet!!!

September 24 releases include:

Trading Places
Major League
The Gene Kelly Collection
A Hard Day's Night
Earth vs. the Flying Saucers
Heavenly Creatures
Swingers
Grease
Mary Tyler Moore Season One box set

Mike_Stuewe

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe they figured that there was a market now for Major League in Cleveland now that the Indians are not doing so hot right now. Hopefully Larry Dolon can sell the team to some evil woman next year that wants to move the team, and these guys can get all jacked up and finally win the big dance.
(Hey I am from Cleveland, I can dream can't I? :) )
GO TRIBE!

Jodee

Screenwriter
I applaud Paramount for digging into the vaults and releasing so many of their unreleased catalog titles.
Now I can only hope they hurry up and release the Peter Bogdanovich collection: Targets, Paper Mooon, and Daisy Miller.
:)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Paramount is notorious for bare-boned releases with a high list price, considering what is being offered by other studios at virtually the same price. Bare-boned releases should be priced at $20 list at the most.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
"Beef Jerky time!"

This is one of the comedies that I am willing to be more lenient on my extras requirements. However, I would certainly have appreciated something on this disc, especially considering their MSRP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks