What's new

Pre-Order Major Dundee (2-Disc Limited Edition) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81wB65KK9pL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
great announcement from Arrow, especially for those of us who originally missed out on the Twilight Time release.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The link at amazon seems to be conjoined with Bird with the Crystal Plumage.

$100?
I'm wondering if you're not paying for an import. The Arrow site says this is Region B

List is £34.99 GPD but Arrow has it pre-order for £30 the Google as of today:
30 Pound sterling equals
41.47 United States Dollar(s)

TWO-DISC LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY CONTENTS
  • The 136-minute Extended Version of the film from a 4K scan, as well as the original 122-minute Theatrical Version
  • 60-page perfect bound booklet featuring new writing by Farran Nehme, Roderick Heath and Jeremy Carr plus select archive material
  • Limited edition packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork by Tony Stella
  • Fold out poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tony Stella
DISC ONE - EXTENDED VERSION
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation from a 4K scan by Sony Pictures
  • DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio with new score by Christopher Caliendo
  • Lossless original mono audio with original score by Daniele Amfitheatrof
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary with Nick Redman, David Weddle, Garner Simmons, Paul Seydor
  • Audio commentary by historian and critics Glenn Erickson & Alan K. Rode
  • Audio commentary by historian and critic Glenn Erickson
  • Moby Dick on Horseback, a brand new visual essay by David Cairns
  • Passion & Poetry: The Dundee Odyssey, a feature length documentary about the making of Major Dundee by Mike Siegel, featuring James Coburn, Senta Berger, Mario Adorf, L.Q. Jones, R.G. Armstrong, Gordon Dawson
  • Passion & Poetry: Peckinpah Anecdotes, nine actors talk about working with legendary director Sam Peckinpah, featuring Kris Kristofferson, Ernest Borgnine, James Coburn, David Warner, Ali MacGraw, L.Q. Jones, Bo Hopkins, R.G. Armstrong, Isela Vega
  • Mike Siegel: About the Passion & Poetry Project, in which filmmaker Mike Siegel talks about his beginnings and his ongoing historical project about director Sam Peckinpah
  • Extensive stills galleries, featuring rare on set, behind the scenes, and marketing materials
  • 2005 re-release trailer
DISC TWO - THEATRICAL VERSION (LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE)
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation from a 2K scan
  • Lossless original mono audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Riding for a Fall, a vintage behind the scenes featurette
  • Extended/deleted scenes
  • Silent Outtakes
  • Select extended/deleted scenes and outtakes with commentary by historian and critic Glenn Erickson giving context on how they were intended to appear in Peckinpah’s vision of the film
  • Original US, UK and German theatrical trailers
  • Stills gallery
Edit:
It looks like Diabolik has a US release
$37.99

Last edited:

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
It's a USA release (as confirmed by Arrow on their Facebook). List price appears to be either $41.99 or $39.99. The Amazon pricing is an error.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
When Amazon first listed My Fair Lady 4K for a pre-order it was $62 and a few days later it went down to a respectable price of $24 and now at $20.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I have the TT release but this looks like a great package. Will definitely pick this up.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Yes, it would be identical. The Imprint release was great but if you haven't gotten it, then by all means get this one. The TT release can appropriately become a coaster after it failed to do what Imprint and Arrow have done correctly (including the original score on the original preview cut of the film).

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
1618443317235.png

As this is the limited to 3,000 edition there will probably be a standard edition at a lower price once the limited edition sells out. However the 2nd disc with the theatrical version is stated to be exclusive to the limited edtion.

The special edition is currently priced at $60 at Amazon though the above link still shows $100 at this writing.

Last edited:

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
It is released this week - will be interesting to see if Arrow Video's 4K scan provided by Sony is the same one Twilight Time used back in 2013.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Just for the movie is there any reason to pick this up of I already have the TT version?

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Just for the movie is there any reason to pick this up of I already have the TT version?
I think Robert would be more definitive than I, since I haven't picked this up, but from what I recall, the TT had the new soundtrack only and this has the original soundtrack as well. Whether you can listen to that OST on both versions I'm not certain. I am also of the understanding, thought it's been a long time since i've seen it, and it's in the closet somewhere, so I can't check, that the TT only has the extended version, whereas this has both the extended and the US Theatrical. If the TT has both versions--which I'm not sure, as I only watched the extended version--then the major difference is the OST.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack

This gives you the option of hearing the original score with the long preview cut (in keeping with the original presentation of the film in its preview and overseas release). It also has more bonus content. The TT version chose not to duplicate the DVD release on the preview cut and only used the replacement score and only gave the shorter "theatrical" cut with its original score.

I don't recommend anyone keep the TT version, which was a badly compromised release to begin with, especially now that there's a better release with more bonus content as well (and no bonus content missing from the TT release).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have the TT release, but purchased Arrow's BD for the reasons already stated in previous posts. TBH, I don't know which soundtrack I prefer, but will do a deeper dive into comparing the two soundtracks at a later date.

Another thing, watching this Arrow BD on my 65" OLED was almost like watching it in 4K. That's how good this video presentation looked on my display.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
I think Robert would be more definitive than I, since I haven't picked this up, but from what I recall, the TT had the new soundtrack only and this has the original soundtrack as well. Whether you can listen to that OST on both versions I'm not certain. I am also of the understanding, thought it's been a long time since i've seen it, and it's in the closet somewhere, so I can't check, that the TT only has the extended version, whereas this has both the extended and the US Theatrical. If the TT has both versions--which I'm not sure, as I only watched the extended version--then the major difference is the OST.
The Twilight Time release has both the extended version and the original theatrical cut, each on their own disc. If the Twilight Time discs are from a 2005 scan, the Arrow 4K scan should be far superior. My Arrow Video copy is on the way, so should be able to compare the two in a couple of weeks. There is an excellent commentary (as usual) from Nick Redman, with Paul Seydor, Gamer Simmons and David Weddie on the extended version on the Twilight Time release. I hang on to my Twilight Time discs with Nick Redman's commentaries!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There is an excellent commentary (as usual) from Nick Redman, with Paul Seydor, Gamer Simmons and David Weddie on the extended version on the Twilight Time release. I hang on to my Twilight Time discs with Nick Redman's commentaries!
That same commentary is also on the Arrow BD. Matter of fact, the Arrow has three different commentaries including one with Glenn Erickson by himself. Another with Erickson and Alan K. Rode.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Judging from the screen captures, the Twilight Time and Arrow Video versions come from an identical scan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks