What's new

mains and a center (1 Viewer)

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
Hello,

Looking for options for a center and a set of mains on a budget. Considering used, on-line, everything except Flea-Bay.

I just want three matching speakers in the front for under $300. Considering Fluance but also have been searching the sales. Found some Acoustic research towers for $150.

Any ideas?

darrylCHER

Stunt Coordinator
The Athena AS-C1 center is $170 and Best Buy is selling the Athena AS-B1 bookshelf's (that match) for $99 right now.

Hard to beat that performance for even double the $270 price tag.

Darryl

Brian_Fly

Stunt Coordinator
There's not much polk love anymore, but if interested, outpost.com has a smokin' deal on the R30 towers right now. Match them with a CSi3 and you'll be only slightly over that $300 range. I have a polk setup with the R50 towers (bigger brother to the R30) and I think it's unbelievable.

AzeemE

Auditioning
Dorian,
You may want to consider the Fluance AV-HTB ($189)bundle amongst others. At that price, you can add the AV-SC ($59) center channel and use the center that the bundle comes with for a rear channel. I've demo'd that exact setup for months, and they sound excellent.
There are lots of choices out there, so have fun researching!
Cheers,
-Azeem

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks