What's new

Mainly from Maine (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
We recently traveled to Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park, and Baxter State Park in the state of Maine. On the way home, we stopped in Montreal, Quebec.

Things did not go according to plan in Maine. Foggy weather for 3 days cancelled our plans for whale watching in Bar Harbor, and despite staking out prime moose spots in Baxter State Park, we failed to see any moose, let alone the bull moose I was hoping to capture.

We made the best of our trip, though, and I still was able to capture a few good photos.

This was from the hike around Jordan Pond in Acadia National Park:
451A5847-X2.jpg

Sunrise from Cadillac Mountain in Acadia. This is the first place the sunrise can be seen each morning in the United States. We got there at about 4:20am (sunrise was a little after 5am), and there were already several hundred people camped out for the sunrise. When we left, the parking lot was overflowing.
451A5911-X2.jpg

Near Thunder Hole in Acadia N.P.
451A5939-X2.jpg

Bar Harbor, and a cruise ship in the mist, taken from Cadillac Mountain
451A5980-X2.jpg

Some of the foggy weather we encountered, taken from the Schoodic Peninsula in Acadia N.P.
451A6049-X2.jpg

Wildflower on the Schoodic Peninsula
451A6053-X2.jpg

Baxter State Park in north central Maine
451A6075-X2.jpg

Stump Pond in Baxter State Park. One of the places we staked out for a moose sighting.
451A6080-X2.jpg

Not a great photo, but I am a huge Montreal Canadiens hockey fan, and we stayed about a block from the Bell Centre, where the Habs play.
IMG_1352-X2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks