What's new

main speaker choices (1 Viewer)

Michael Rosen

Auditioning
im looking for a decent pair of main speakers, for music and home theater, right now i am looking at the mirage frx-5, i believe they are called, and the paradigm phantom, the older models, i prefer the mirage, there are also a pair of used castle, about three years old. i was wondering if anyone has any ideas on a good pair of mains, about 600-700$ canadian. also, anyone know anything about Wharfdale diamond 8.4's?? any ideas would be appreciated. running through a yahama 530. im planning on getting the surrounds and center later, when i have more money.

thank you

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
Paradigm Studio 20's I think run in your price range. I would look hard at the Paradigm Reference line given your budget and the fact that you are in Canada. Very few brands can compete with Paradigm at those prices. If you want towers, Monitor 7's are a good option.

Marc H

Second Unit
In Canada, it's hard to buy an imported brand over a Canadian made brand. They difference in value for dollar is large.

Audition Paradigm, Axiom, PSB, Totem, Energy, Dahlquist, Mirage, Sound Dynamics or Athena. They all have speakers in your price range and will have a lot more bang for the buck than imports.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks