Maiden: Dance of Death DVD-Audio

Discussion in 'Music' started by FeisalK, Sep 30, 2005.

1. FeisalK

FeisalK Screenwriter

sorry, I've been trying to find a review of this DVD-A - to no avail; just the sonics and multichannel mix - the songs are great as usual [​IMG]

2. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Hey Feisal, how goes it?

Where are you finding this on DVD-A? I have not heard this, but Maiden on DVD-A sounds like a killer proposition.

Unfortunately, neither CD Universe and Elusive Disc have a listing for it. Is this an Import?

Brian

3. FeisalK

FeisalK Screenwriter

Hi Brian

I think it's released by EMI UK, so I guess it's an import (technically, for me it is - whomever releases it)

I read about the DVD-A sometime after the album was announced, and it's somehow in the shop here (in Singapore, where you can buy a total sum of 20 DVD-Audio titles)

http://www.take2.co.za/product.php?id=16280

I'll bite the bullet, Kerrang gave it 5Ks, apparently a return to form songwriting~wise.

4. FeisalK

FeisalK Screenwriter

5. PaulT

PaulT Supporting Actor

Try Gramophone in Peninsula Plaza across from City Hall MRT Station. They have a fairly good selection of DVD-A and SACD in the back corner of the shop. For a large imported SACD (multi-culture) selection try a small shop called New Disc Village a block away in the Adelphi Building, second floor (maybe third??).

6. FeisalK

FeisalK Screenwriter

Paul yeah thanks.. just got it at Gramophone (they have more than a couple of branches now)

This is the most disappointing DVD-A I have.. - not that I have a lot, but.. muddy is the mix and it sounds like the compressed CD version just got thrown onto the DVD-A [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I would shoot the engineer. what a waste of a release potential [​IMG]

7. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

Hello guys, I have the DoD DVDA and even though I havent heard it in awhile, I remember thinking the DTS mix was pretty good.

I bought it online from What Records? from England. Its a R0 Import. They dont have it here in the US. [​IMG]