What's new

Magnum P.I. Season 7: It's Official (1 Viewer)

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Agreed. I'm psyched also about ``Magnum'' S7...can't wait for the pre-order to show up on Amazon!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Does this have the episode "Laura" with Frank Sinatra? I have to get this just because of that one episode..

Mike Heenan

Second Unit

Actually I've read that the reason there was a season 8 was because of the fans writing in and calling, not wishing Magnum to have been killed off... I was a little young at the time so I can't remember but I've read that on the net in several places.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Agreed! I'm very happy that ``Magnum'' S7 is on the way, in fact, I just pre-ordered it through TV Shows On DVD's link to Amazon.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
I love the cover - it really ties into his possible death/walking into the light theme.

Charles H

Screenwriter
"America's Top Sleuths" appeared on one of the ROCKFORD FILE sets and it examined a rather "dubious "poll" of the top 10 tv detectives. Except for CSI, Universal was conspicuously omnipresent. You'll never guess what Number One was?

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Yeah the top sleuths featuruette is pretty lame and was on other tv releases. I sure hope Tom Selleck will be in some extras, i remember at the time of his TNT movie a couple years back he said he was willing to do stuff for the dvd's, but the studio was not interested. Maybe by willing Tom meant for some good moola and Universal is not willing to pay him, i dunno.

Can't wait till Season 7.. this is one of the crown jewel series of my collection.

Edit to Add: What are the chances the Angela Lansbury interview is just ported over from a Murder, She Wrote set that has the Magnum episode on it aswell.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Picked up Season 7 today at Best Buy with my $3 S7 coupon from Season 6. This is one of my favorite seasons, and I am pleased to report that "Laura", the Frank Sinatra episode, features "Tonight, Tonight, Tonight" by Genesis, "Death and Taxes" features "Mama" by Genesis, and the season finale features John Denver's "Looking for Space". No music replacement in sight!
While I haven't gone through most of the other episodes yet, I am slightly annoyed by the fact that there is no coupon for Season 8 included. However, I do not take this as a sign that they won't be releasing the final season. There is also no picture art on any of the discs. Looks like they were cutting a few corners on this one to make up for the music inclusion perhaps.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Jeff: that is good to hear!! I am yet to pick up my magnum this week but i plan to by weeks end. I am a little short at the moment having just purchased Hardcastle & McCormick S3 and Riptide S2. I can't wait to next weekend to get to dig in to this weeks great releases.

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff*H, you beat me to the reporting punch!

I checked the running time for all the episodes. Most were in the 47:30-47:45 range, with a few in the 47:15 range, and one at 46:45, so all the episodes appear to be uncut. I watched the full episode of "Death and Taxes", and as you said, the Genesis song "Mama" is fully in it, so there doesn't seem to be any music replacement. By the way, that is one of the finest episodes of Magnum PI.

I did notice the solid red labels on the discs. Oh well, a very minor thing to live with to get uncut episodes with all the music. I also was disappointed that there wasn't a coupon for season 8. Not so much for the savings, but for the coupon's "to expire on xx/xx/2008" note, which would have given us an indication when season 8 could be expected.

At my Best Buy, they didn't have a table set up for newly released TV shows on dvd. They only had them in racks. Well, at least at my store, Magnum PI seems to be selling well. All the other new TV shows had 8-10 units in their racks, while Magnum was down to 3. While that is a tiny sample size, it is nice to see some anecdotal evidence that we can expect to get the final season next year.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff

That's a good sign to be sure. Also, on Amazon last night it was ranked #49, pretty damn good for the 7th season release of a 20-year-old show.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Hey Jeff, I noticed that too with Mangum, although I am 3 seasons behind (only because I've just got into it) I do like to see how the further seasons are selling, hopefully season 8 will be up and out soon along with Murder She Wrote, season 8.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks