What's new

"Magnum P.I." Season 5? (1 Viewer)

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
TVShowsOnDVD.com had confirmation of Season 5 of "A-Team" and Season 1 of "Simon & Simon" on Oct. 10. However, they didn't have confirmation of Season 5 of "Magnum P.I." which seems odd since Season 4 of "Magnum P.I." had a coupon for Season 5 (including cover art).

I'm hoping Magnum isn't going to fall by the wayside for some reason...

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
I'd be devastated if they stopped Magnum, as this is my favorite series of all time. But to me, the audience for Simon and Simon is the same as for Magnum, isn't it? Why would you release Simon and Simon, which I assume is (was) less popular than Magnum, and not Magnum?

Fingers crossed...

JeffO

James@R

Second Unit
I'd be surprised if it were cancelled. Probably just a mixup that has delayed the press release.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I think the Magnum sets have been pretty successful. Universal just seems to be strangely scattershot with their announcements at times.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

No, we heard they were coming - nothing was confirmed, and very much subject to change.

Gord

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
I'm really worried, anyone heard anything else about Magnum season 5? With the A-Team season 5 coming in October, along with Simon and Simon season 1, but still no word of Magnum....

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Magnum's release schedule has been pretty irregular, so it's hard to say when the next one should come out. The last three have been April '05, January '06 and April '06 so the next season may not be out until next January. Who knows?

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Why don't you all calm down and chill out. TV Shows on DVD only announced the news last month. It's doubtful, highly doubtful, that Universal would cancel the series halfway through its release run. I think I hear Mr Prozac in the background humming some tunes to himself.

I wouldn't expect the news on the official announcement for another month or two as I'm guessing that the fifth season won't be released until around November.

I seem to recall the same RABID anticipation regarding the Fourth Season announcement for Bewitched.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6011

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Mark, I missed your link when it came out.

I'll try to get off the ledge and not be so insane.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I still have my $5 off Magnum S5 Coupon Sitting here waiting to be used. No Way they would have abandoned this. It will be out by years end for sure! And hopefully we will be able to complete our magnum collections within a year.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
JeffO, No problem. There's been quite a few of us who have been waiting for the Fifth Season to be released. I keep having to watch the first four seasons over and over again. ;)

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
Well, it looks like I did jump the gun a bit. TVShowsondvd announced Magnum PI, season 5 is coming October 10. Great news for all of us.

JeffO

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Sweet!

Back in June, Best Buy had the first four seasons Buy 1 Get 1 Free...so I splurged and got the first four seasons.

I wanted to make sure the discs were okay before the 30 days was up, so I had a huge Magnum marathon (4 seasons in 30 days).

It was exhausting, but I can't wait for Season 5.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
According to the article, we won't have to put up with DVD-18s this time around, as this set will contain single sided discs! However, in exchange for that we'll apparently have to suffer through overcompression, as it's announced to be a 5-disc set, which would mean up to 5 episodes per disc.

Well, at least they'll play, I guess...

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
Great... these'll probably start looking like MacGyver episodes. And didn't they start mastering them on tape around this season, instead of film?

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I am wondering if the five disc number is wrong. I am wondering if it'll be 6 instead.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
I noticed on the season 4 set that the bonus episode from season 5 uses a different orchestration for the opening theme. How long was this used for, as I don't ever recall it sounding like this even in the later seasons?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks