What's new

Magnum / Murder, She Wrote (1 Viewer)

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
I apologize cause I know this has been covered before and I don't recall the answer.

In the applicable seasons of MPI and MSW that featured the two part crossover, do the dvd sets of both shows feature both episodes OR does each season set feature the syndicated version of it's own episode??

Again, I'm sorry I can't locate the answer in other threads.

THANKS!!

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
The DVDs feature the episodes as single part episodes. On the MSW Box set / and that season DVD Set the Magnum P.I. ep is part of the bonus features (on the last disc of the set I believe) and on the Magnum set the MSW ep is as a seperate bonus episode also.

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I know it's there on the Magnum Season 7 set, and it's included in the Magnum Complete Series Box.

The crossover that gets interesting is the one with Simon & Simon from Magnum's 3rd Season.
The original version of that crossover was an event in 1982 where the Simons came to Hawaii in the first hour, and Higgins went with the Simons after Morgan Fairchild in the second hour. Not the greatest episode of Magnum, but definitely a fun ride. It was actually shot two ways for Magnum - once with the cliffhanger ending that leads to the Simon & Simon ep, and once with Morgan Fairchild getting caught at the airport. The first version aired on network TV and works better. The second version was intended for syndication, and regularly gets used there unless the syndicators can set up a joint airing of both series.

Both versions of the crossover are included on the Magnum DVD sets, but not in the same ones. The original network versions of both episodes of the crossover with Simon & Simon are included in the first season set of Magnum as bonus features on the final disc, along with the fifth season opener starring Sharon Stone. The syndicated version of the Magnum side, with the airport arrest, is included in the Season 3 set. From what I can tell, the disc with the original versions is not included in the later releases of Magnum Season 1 or in the Complete Series set. Not sure why, given that both series were Universal shows, unless I'm badly mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks